• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

ok I screwed up..

Started by rjc862003, February 20, 2012, 12:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjc862003

I registered a tunnel back in feb of last year but I could't get it to work I bought a new router this year and in my haste deleted my old tunnel
is there any possibility of recovering it so I can have irc access ... the whole sage certification sounds a bit involved OR if possible can I buy a static tunnel so I can connect to my ircd via ipv6 ...  stupid kids ruined it for everyone it see :(
if it helps at all the old ipv6 address for the tunnel was
I know its a long shot but it doesn't hurt to ask ...

2001:470:1f06:ea9::1/64"
2001:470:1f07:ea9::/64"

broquea

If you want to purchase a tunnel, email sales@he.net for a quote. Otherwise getting Sage can take as little as 15 minutes. Last I recall, a deleted tunnel is gone for good, and the addresses go back into the pool for reallocation, which could have already happened.

rjc862003

thought as much I don't see my self getting sage status anytime soon .
I don't have the resources todo it ........rats

johnpoz

Don't have the resources??

There are no resources required, other than your brain and the computer you connecting from.  Web server and email servers can be downloaded for FREE and run on multiple OSes.

Now you do need a domain name, which you can get at any registrar you want for a few dollars.  .info are normally really cheap -- namecheap has them for 2.99/first year currently..  So what you can not afford $3 for a domain is your problem?

kasperd

Quote from: johnpoz on February 20, 2012, 05:36:08 AMNow you do need a domain name, which you can get at any registrar you want
It has to be hosted on DNS servers that have IPv6 support and there must be AAAA glue records. That does rule out a few options. But there are still plenty of choices. It might give some hint about which registrars are viable if you check the domain name of the registrar first. My gut feeling tells me there is a strong correlation between registrars that have proper glue records for their own domain and registrars who do so for their customers.

kriteknetworks

Like the FREE DNS service HE offers, for just this purpose?