• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Speed test and Ping test results from ipv6-test - How are yours?

Started by Quill, June 07, 2011, 10:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quill

I'm just curious, I don't have a fast connection and it appears the HE server endpoints closest to me are also the worst in terms of latency. out of interest, i ran the speed test and the ping test over at ipv6-test.com and my results for ipc6 are not terribly good. How do you find your results?

johnpoz

Where are you located?  Your latency is terrible to be sure..  But looks like your have a ipv4 problem as well.

Here are mine from my router gateway monitor.

And then speed test both ipv4 and ipv6..  The download is not all that bad over the tunnel, but upload seems to take a real hit?

I'm using the Chicago tunnel, which is in my backyard to be sure (schaumburg, il)

cconn

on a 100Mbs connection it seems to be identical, although nowhere near 100Mbps   ;D

Quill

Quote from: johnpoz on June 08, 2011, 06:18:30 AM
Where are you located?  Your latency is terrible to be sure..  But looks like your have a ipv4 problem as well.

Here are mine from my router gateway monitor.

And then speed test both ipv4 and ipv6..  The download is not all that bad over the tunnel, but upload seems to take a real hit?

I'm using the Chicago tunnel, which is in my backyard to be sure (schaumburg, il)

I'm in Eastern Russia, Vladivostok to be precise. The nearest HE server is Tokyo, which is just over a thousand kilometres away. This is follwed by Hong Kong at 1700Km and the Singapore at 3400km. Unfortunately, the latency to all of these locations is terrible, as I mentioned in this thread Changing tunnel server - Would there be any benefits?

At the moment I'm using Stockholm as my HE endpoint, however, with a little testing, it would appear that Amsterdam offers the best latency, at least in terms of ipv4, so I'll change to that server and see how things go.

UltraZero

My connection currently isn't the greatest.  Not because of the provider, I just made some changes
to the network for a temporary issue.

The provider is giving me about 6 mbps and I have a bad card in one of the routers.  So, temporarily we are down to 10mbps on that router.  Waiting on another 100mbps card.  

I am on the West Coast USA.

jimb

Heh.  Not bad from the west coast of the USA to France.  Interesting how IPv6 through the tunnel is faster than native IPv4 in this instance:

UltraZero

performed the test again. Must have been a fluke.  Now it's the other way around.  I kinda thought that was weird.

pcreager

Not too much of a speed penalty to go all the way from California to Europe.

cconn

Quill

A little better with Amsterdam as the endpoint, but still a way under my connection limit.

ramsee

i tried ping test here
whoisxy.com
my results are
Reply from 173.203.189.224: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Ping statistics for 173.202.190.224:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Nick Pais

Relevant information: http://nick.privatepaste.com/4796895a83

Relevant information: http://nick.privatepaste.com/416ae4b0f7

Where I am located at: Montevideo, Uruguay.

What I pay my ISP (AS6057) for: 3Mbps down/512Kbps up, 20GB monthly. (For anyone that's interested: http://www.antel.com.uy/antel/personas-y-hogares/internet/planes/adsl/adsl-por-trafico/adsl-20-giga)

And yes, I've tried playing around with my settings, nothing helps D:

Aditional speedtests: &

*tips hat*

klank

IPV6-Test.com Speedtest - Fremont Server

I know I have packet loss every so often on IPV6.  I will look into it later.

Speedtest.net - SJC Smugmug

broquea

cholzhauer