• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Incoming traffic

Started by jvint, September 08, 2015, 12:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvint

Hello.
I have some problems with incoming traffic. I have configured my Cisco RV220W router and I have working tunnel - I can access IPv6 addresses on the internet.
But if I want access my computer from internet, there is timeout after some tens of seconds. Shouldn't this be possible? Firewall was opened only during tests but at the end I opened firewall for all IPv6 incoming traffic but still with no luck.
Could you please give me some hint?
Thanks a lot in advance.

JRMTL

You may want to check the firewall settings on your local computer. As an example by default windows firewall will block incoming echo requests over IPv6. I have no issues accessing my computer via RDP but it required allowing all (source) traffic on that port.

cholzhauer

Agreed.  My tunnel device has a firewall enabled by default that breaks this.

jvint

Quote from: JRMTL on September 08, 2015, 03:13:38 PM
You may want to check the firewall settings on your local computer. As an example by default windows firewall will block incoming echo requests over IPv6. I have no issues accessing my computer via RDP but it required allowing all (source) traffic on that port.

Thanks. Local computer is FreeBSD system so no firewall by default.
But in general: Through IPv6 tunnel between Cisco router and Hurricane gateway should be possible to access computers on local network from the internet (WAN to LAN)? Is that true?
If it's not working problem can be in firewall on Cisco router. Do you see some other problematic place?

jvint

Quote from: cholzhauer on September 08, 2015, 03:41:34 PM
Agreed.  My tunnel device has a firewall enabled by default that breaks this.

Yes, it gives a sense. But I turned off the firewall by adding a rule which opened it: "From any to any on any port" from WAN to LAN.

cholzhauer

Fair enough.

IP addresses and/or site names will help us help you troubleshoot

jvint

Quote from: cholzhauer on September 09, 2015, 10:29:30 AM
Fair enough.

IP addresses and/or site names will help us help you troubleshoot

OK :)

Client IPv6 Address:2001:470:6e:77e::2/64
Routed /64:2001:470:6f:77e::/64

Is this what you asked for?

cholzhauer