• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Does anyone else have problems with Netgear Routers and Protocol41?

Started by udha, December 21, 2009, 03:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

udha

I presume it's not handling protocol 41, because I can connect the tunnel successfully under Ubuntu at work, behind a NAT router. At home, with the same config the tunnel doesn't work. If I remove my router, and connect my cable modem into the computer directly, then the tunnel works.

How can I get wireshark sort of evidence for where this is actually failing? Any pointers or tips would be appreciated.

cholzhauer

QuoteHow can I get wireshark sort of evidence for where this is actually failing? Any pointers or tips would be appreciated.

Should be able just to run wireshark on the computer you want to use the tunnel on and filter everything out except for protocol 41

udha

Quote from: cholzhauer on December 21, 2009, 05:31:01 AM
QuoteHow can I get wireshark sort of evidence for where this is actually failing? Any pointers or tips would be appreciated.

Should be able just to run wireshark on the computer you want to use the tunnel on and filter everything out except for protocol 41

Sounds easy, but I've only ever used wireshark for trouble-shooting applications, such as TCP 25 (SMTP) filtering or HTTP, point is I'm used to filtering TCP traffic ports, I don't know how and haven't found out yet how to filter for protocol 41.

jimb

What are you using for your tunnel source IP?  You're not trying to use the same tunnel @ HE for both work and home are you (both need to be configured for different "client IPv4 addresses").

If you don't have a static NAT on your home router, and anything else is trying 6in4, it'll probably direct the traffic to that other machine and cause "interference" with your tunnel box.

In wireshark, I believe the capture filter would be "proto 41" or "ip proto 41".