• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IPV6 Tunnel on Fritzbox 7270

Started by stegmuellerm, July 11, 2010, 06:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KroontjesPen

In the IPv6 test on http://test-ipv6.com/ I have 9/10 just because of the IPv6-DNS-servers. For now I am more then happy.
First to understand this IPv6 matter at all on my age and second to do this in the English languish what is not my natural one. 
Dit is mijn moedertaal.  ;D

KroontjesPen

When I looking further in my 7270, for more new stuff, I noticed sadly enough that my Dynamic DNS 'Status: error' had.
If I change my Domain name by adding or deleting the www. then for a few minutes I read 'Status: registered'.  

What can the reason be to do this.

renne

Does the domain you used really have an A-record? Or MX-records only?

KroontjesPen

This is what I see and can change on the DNS page from Yourhosting:

A    *.de-koning.name
A    de-koning.name             <-- I take this one
A    localhost.de-koning.name

The MX records are set for Google Gmail account.  <--This is the only thing what I use by Yourhosting.

renne

dig showsde-koning.name. 900 IN A 85.158.203.220

That single A-record should be fine. Have you checked in HE "Tunnel Details" if the ip gets updated (just enter dummy IP in "Tunnel Details" save DynDNS settings again on FritzBox to test)?
Have you checked for any typos?

KroontjesPen

After some trying I found an dummy IP address what was accepting by HE.
To save the settings on my Fritz!box without changing anything it don't work.
When I delete my 'User name' or 'Domain name' and save that first, then by rewriting what was left out and save that again, it was working.
Still after a minute or four the status become 'error' again.

Can it be a problem that I behind a cable modem and using the internet connection via LAN 1?

This is what I have for Update URL -copy/paste-
ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/nic/update?username=<username>&password=<pass>&hostname=XXXXX&myip=<ipaddr>

XXXXX is my tunnel-ID.

renne

Quote from: KroontjesPen on March 12, 2012, 03:34:24 AM
Can it be a problem that I behind a cable modem and using the internet connection via LAN 1?

If the cable modem is a dumb CATV-to-Ethernet-Bridge assigning the public IP to  the Fritz!Box via DHCP or PPPOE it should work.
If the cable modem does the NAT handling, it cannot work as the Fritz!Box doesn't know when the public IP changes.

Quote from: KroontjesPen on March 12, 2012, 03:34:24 AM
This is what I have for Update URL -copy/paste-
ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/nic/update?username=<username>&password=<pass>&hostname=XXXXX&myip=<ipaddr>

XXXXX is my tunnel-ID.

Looks good for me.

Btw.: Have you checked if the IP is updated correctly and just the Fritz!Box shows an error?

KroontjesPen

Maybe the problem is just the Fritz!Box. The update was working all was it by changing some of the data.
For now I have to wait on a changing of my IP address by my ISP what is not that often.

Tanks for helping me out renne.