• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IPV6 Tunnel on Fritzbox 7270

Started by stegmuellerm, July 11, 2010, 06:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stegmuellerm

Hello everybody,

has anyone an idea how to configure an IPv6 Tunnel over he.net or tunnelbroker.net with my fritzbox 7270v3

There must be also an solution because i get the folowing options:

6in4

Geben Sie den Tunnelendpunkt an.
IPv4-Adresse des Tunnelendpunktes:    
IPv6-Adresse des Tunnelendpunktes:    
Lokale IPv6-Adresse:    
IPv6-Präfix:     / 

but it will not work with my configuration i have

cholzhauer

I looked around google real quick and most of the links I found were people with the same problem as you.

Did you see this link?

http://www.sixxs.net/wiki/Fritz!Box_7270

stegmuellerm

this is my problem.

So maybe he.net has an solution for this problem.
I search for an solution over he.net

not over SIXXS

stegmuellerm

UPDATE:

since Labor Firmware 74.04.85-17828 from 14.07.2010 he.net Tunnel is working with an fix IP on Fritzbox 7270v3

It is working nowon my Fix IP.

But how to solve it on a Fritzbox with dynamic IP ?

Any Ideas ? Really if we work together maybe we will find a solition. Maybe he.net has an idea or a workaround to solve it.

stegmuellerm

Quote from: stegmuellerm on July 15, 2010, 06:20:24 AM
But how to solve it on a Fritzbox with dynamic IP ?

Any Ideas ? Really if we work together maybe we will find a solition. Maybe he.net has an idea or a workaround to solve it.

for this no one has an answer ?

jimb

You could write a script which runs on a box behind the fritzbox, determines the new public IP, and reconfigures the HE tunnel and fritzbox configuration.  There are a few who have already done this and posted such scripts for linux, etc, but not specifically the fritz.

cider

In the german computer magazine ct in the issuse 1/2011 there is a solution for this problem (see: http://www.heise.de/ct/hotline/Fritzbox-mit-6in4-Tunnel-1152399.html)

On your FritzBox, create a new user defined Dynamic DNS account:

URL: http://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?ipv4b=%3Cipaddr%3E&pass=%3Cpass%3E&user_id=%3Cusername%3E&tunnel_id=123456 (change just the tunnel_id in the end!)
Domainname: he-tunnelbroker-update.com (whatever, doesn't matter)
Username: The "UserID" Hash you see on the front page of tunnelbroker.net after login
Password: Your password as an MD5 Hash. On Linux you get it by typing: echo -n 'password' | md5sum

Thats it.

However, I have a problem setting up the HE tunnel on my FritzBox at all. I enable IPv6, choose the 6in4 tunnel and enter the IPv4-address of the tunnelserver in Amsterdam (216.66.84.46). As the IPv6 address of the tunnelserver and local IPv6 address I tried to enter the addresses from my tunnel details website with ::1/64 in the end and with just ::1. The FritzBox doesn't seem to accept that. After a click on Apply only the IPv4 address of the server and the IPv6 prefix remain in the form, both IPv6 addresses are replaced by the default "::". Can anyone who did set up an HE tunnel on his FritzBox can explain the exact format in which I have to enter the details?

Thank you,
cider

grischard

I have successfully configured my 7570 to work with he.net.

Configuring the 6in4 tunnel wasn't enough, the 7570 kept using the 6RD endpoint and prefix. Fighting with the web interface was useless; I had to edit the relevant part of my /var/flash/ar7.conf to look like this :

ip6_6to4static_cfg {                            
               popaddr = 216.66.84.42;                  
               local = 2001:470:1f12:68f::2;            
               remote = 2001:470:1f12:68f::1;          
               prefix = 2001:470:ca4f::;    
               prefixlen = 48;              
       }                                    
       ip6_6rd_cfg {                        
               popaddr = 216.66.84.42;      
               prefix = 2001:470:ca4f::;    
               prefixlen = 48;              
       }

Extra firewall rules let you enable inbound tcp and udp, but no other protocols so far.

renne

Fritzbox 7390 works out of the box.

1. Set "Dynamic DNS-provider" to "Custom".

2. Set "Update-URL" to

ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/nic/update?username=<username>&password=<pass>&hostname=<TUNNEL_ID>&myip=<ipaddr>

where <TUNNEL_ID> is the numeric ID of your tunnel.

3. You MUST put any hostname with a existing A-record in the "domain"-field to trick the Fritzbox (Fritzbox disables DynDNS if there is no hostname with A-record).

4. Enter username and password from the tunnelbroker website on the Fritzbox.

KroontjesPen

Quote from: cider on January 04, 2011, 05:06:33 AM
In the german computer magazine ct in the issuse 1/2011 there is a solution for this problem (see: http://www.heise.de/ct/hotline/Fritzbox-mit-6in4-Tunnel-1152399.html)
However, I have a problem setting up the HE tunnel on my FritzBox at all. I enable IPv6, choose the 6in4 tunnel and enter the IPv4-address of the tunnelserver in Amsterdam (216.66.84.46). As the IPv6 address of the tunnelserver and local IPv6 address I tried to enter the addresses from my tunnel details website with ::1/64 in the end and with just ::1. The FritzBox doesn't seem to accept that. After a click on Apply only the IPv4 address of the server and the IPv6 prefix remain in the form, both IPv6 addresses are replaced by the default "::". Can anyone who did set up an HE tunnel on his FritzBox can explain the exact format in which I have to enter the details?

Thank you,
cider
This is what I have done.

IPv4 address of the tunnel end-point: 216:66:84:46

IPv6 address of the tunnel end-point: 2001:xxxx:1f14:xxxx::1

Local IPv6 address: 2001:xxxx:1f14:xxxx::2

IPv6 prefix: 2001:xxxx:1f15:xxxx::2  / 64

Now I am looking for the info to connect Vista en XP computers to the Fritzbox 7270 using this tunnel.

Dit is mijn moedertaal.  ;D

renne

If you have set up DynDNS correctly, the Fritzbox should use the Tunnel
('Internet' -> 'Online-Monitor' -> 'Internet, IPv6' should show a green light, connected since, IPv6 address and IPv6 prefix).
The new firmware for the FB7390 provides custom DNS servers, which will be added to the next 7270 release. Use '2001:470:20::2'.
Vista should provide IPv6 out of the box, but WinXP needs installation of IPv6 Stack (enter 'ipv6 install ' on console).

KroontjesPen

Tunnel is working through the Fritzbox 7270 ! ! !  ;D

Still I can't the Dynamic DNS getting to work. There are many different way so to see. One with 'hash' notation the other not.
Then is there the A-record problem.

This are the fields.
Dynamic DNS provider: User-defined
Update URL:    
Domain name:
User Name:    
Password :   
Password confirmation:

Update URL: This are the lines you can choose from

https://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?ip=IPV4ADDR&pass=MD5PASS&apikey=USERID&tid=TUNNELID
-or-:
https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?tid=TUNNELID (auto-detect IP)

https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?tid=TUNNELID&ip=IPV4ADDR

What and where have I to fill in my data and is that in plain or hash

Domain name: Which.

User Name:    
Password :  
Password confirmation:
For all those fields: plain or hash.

renne

Quote from: KroontjesPen on March 11, 2012, 06:32:57 AMTunnel is working through the Fritzbox 7270 ! ! !  ;D
GREAT! :)

Quote from: KroontjesPen on March 11, 2012, 06:32:57 AMUpdate URL:
ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/nic/update?username=<username>&password=<pass>&hostname=YOUR_DECIMAL_TUNNEL_ID&myip=<ipaddr>

Quote from: KroontjesPen on March 11, 2012, 06:32:57 AMDomain name: Which.
Anyone you like which has any A-Record. It's just a dummy to make the Fritz!Box happy (Fritz!Box only checks if an A-Record exists). I just used the hostname of my webserver (www.<mydomain>.de). ;)

Quote from: KroontjesPen on March 11, 2012, 06:32:57 AMUser Name:
Your Tunnelbroker login username (plain text)

Quote from: KroontjesPen on March 11, 2012, 06:32:57 AMPassword (confirmation):
Your Tunnelbroker login password (plain text)

KroontjesPen

Thanks renne. Its working now.*)  
For domain name I used that from my email account.

*)See http://www.tunnelbroker.net/forums/index.php?topic=1033.msg13461#msg13461

renne

In case you need a second DynDNS-Client for IPv4, the MyFritz! service already available in the beta firmware for the FB7270 will provide one (hostname will be something like "jk3frdwejhfxljaksn.myfritz.net"). It provides IPv4-A-Record, IPv6-AAAA-Record and a TTL of 60 seconds.
With current firmware, you have NO ACCESS to IPv6-DNS-servers (only IPv4-DNS-Servers providing IPv6-AAAA-records). But the beta firmware already provides fields for custom DNS-servers in which you can add the HE Anycast-Caching-DNS-server for IPv6. Otherwise you have to enter IPv6-DNS-servers on each host.