• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Problem with 216.66.22.2

Started by eonesixfour, June 10, 2008, 04:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eonesixfour

Can ping the new Ashburn, VA tunnel broker server via IPv4, but can't ping the tunnel end point via IPv6, or send/receive packets past it etc.

eonesixfour

I just noticed that on the tunnel page there is 2 different subnets being displayed:

server IP: 2001:470:7:xxxx::1/64

Then below:

Routed /64:   2001:470:8:xxxx::/64

broquea

Quote from: eonesixfour on June 10, 2008, 04:22:12 PM
I just noticed that on the tunnel page there is 2 different subnets being displayed:

server IP: 2001:470:7:xxxx::1/64

Then below:

Routed /64:   2001:470:8:xxxx::/64

As is the same with every other tunnel. One allocation is the point to point, and the second is the default /64 we route through your side of the tunnel endpoint. Also the tunnel-server should now be getting its configurations updated correctly. I've rebuilt your tunnel and see it on the server now.

eonesixfour

Hmmm I checked for unread messages prior to doing anything, but nothing came up, I should have looked here first.

I think you missed the point about my previous post about the IPs, the 7 and 8 aren't in the same /64 subnet, it's kind of confusing, but in any case everything seems to be working now.

broquea

Quote from: eonesixfour on June 11, 2008, 01:20:03 AM
Hmmm I checked for unread messages prior to doing anything, but nothing came up, I should have looked here first.

I think you missed the point about my previous post about the IPs, the 7 and 8 aren't in the same /64 subnet, it's kind of confusing, but in any case everything seems to be working now.

The IPs will always be in different /64s, is my point. This is not new or strange. We use different allocations for the point-to-point and routed. The difference is that we stopped allocating them in the 1f## range. Look at other tunnels you have and you'll see them in different ranges.

eonesixfour

Fair enough, I hadn't noticed the difference before, I guess I didn't think there would a point in doing something like that if you can get a /48 subnet routed etc.