• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

creating bgp tunnel

Started by parta, September 29, 2010, 04:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parta

i've created a bgp tunnel about 2 days ago, but still don't ping another end of tunnel. how can i solve it ?

i have cisco router and it configured like you recommended after creating tunnel on this site.

ps: after connecting bgp session, what you will announce to me ? ipv6 full-view ?

kcochran

BGP tunnels have an verification process that happens prior to them being enabled.  This is done to ensure the ASN you used is one you have authority to use.  The same is done with the prefixes you will be announcing.  BGP tunnels are configured for transit.

parta

ok, i get it :)

just during creating tunnel i read that 24 hours is enough for verification, cause i asked here. thanks for reply.

parta

Will you report result of verification process on mail ?

kcochran

There should be an email at some point along there noting any steps we need from you in regards to the verification.  Mainly we need documentation either from an IRR, RIR or similar that you do have authority on the ASN and any prefixes you're going to announce.

desc

I requested a BGP tunnel today and it is already up.
It didn't take more than 12 hours in my case.
Now I receive a full feed from HE.

Thanks a lot!

broquea

That is what happens when you reply to our LOA request and everything is in order :)

As it stands, Parta's ticket hasn't been replied back to by them with a proper LOA for us to process.