• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Error creating a tunnel

Started by Gorovoro, October 15, 2010, 05:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorovoro

Hi,

I'm trying to create a regular tunnel after inputting my public ipv4 i get

Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked. If you are blocking ICMP, please allow 66.220.2.74 through your firewall.

Everything works fine using gogo6 so what could be the problem?
also forwarding port 41 didn't help..

cholzhauer

broquea

1) enable ICMP on your CPE, probably something like "enable wan ping".

2) Protocol 41 is NOT "port 41" as it is a protocol and not a tcp/udp port.

Gorovoro

Where do i enable ICMP give some more details and sorry about protocol 41 being a port.
I didn't find any ICMP in the router only IGMP no protocols either

cholzhauer

Well, we need some more information.

What OS are you using to terminate your tunnel?  What kind of router do you have? Are you behind a NAT?

Gorovoro

Win xp sp3, dlink 2650u, yes i'm using nat.
Anything else?

allen4names

Have you installed IPv6? I think Windows XP does not have IPv6 installed by default. You may also want to check to see if your firewall is blocking ICMP.

EDIT

Gogo6 was mentioned earlier so I suspect that IPv6 is installed. You should still check your firewall though.

Gorovoro

Windows firewall is off but the router firewall is on, i don't have control over the router firewall just port triggering etc..
but if something gets blocked how come gogo6 works fine?

broquea

Because they use something like a udp tunnel that punches through NAT, with their software based tunnel.

Gorovoro

So what can i do to punch through as well?

cholzhauer

allen4names

I may have found the information you need. Read page 12 of http://www.enativ.com/download/DSL-2650.pdf.

Good luck

Gorovoro

OK THANKS EVERYONE!
After disabling the router's firewall the tunnel was created successfully, therefore i opened an ipfilter for incoming 66.220.2.74 on ICMP and that did the trick :)

Now how do i use the tunnel i created?
I tried the Example IPv6 Tunnel Configurations by OS it said successful install and i still don't have ipv6 am i missing something?

Also quick question if i use a clean OS install that means no gogo6 what else do i need to setup Ipv6?

cholzhauer

on xp you need to install the ipv6 stack and then follow the commands provided by he on the tunnel page.  note that you need to add a public ipv6 address on your local area connection to browse the internet with ipv6

Gorovoro

The installation of the ipv6 stack is covered in the IPv6 Tunnel Configurations by OS, how do i add a public ipv6 address?
do i need to update my ipv4 endpoint every time with?
https://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php

I also found
http://www.dezzanet.co.uk/articles/26/2010/05/12/Sharing-an-IPv6-tunnel-from-a-Windows-machine/
followed the instructions everything was ok only in show interface i get
Disconnected  IP6Tunnel
Disconnected  Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

It's a total mess out here hehe so if you don't have time to go in the details at least give me something to google :)