• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Help Pls. Im new to this.

Started by mikenzb, January 21, 2011, 11:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikenzb

Quote from: hisken on January 22, 2011, 12:41:47 PM
Does this work now?
Quoteping6 2001:470:d0e2::1

And what's the output of:
sudo ifconfig
ya it works how do i get the ping to stop?

mikenzb

iy keeps doing ping6:
sendmsg: Network is down
ping6: wrote sigma.tun.hisken.nl 16 chars, ret=-1
ping6: sendmsg: Network is down
ping6: wrote sigma.tun.hisken.nl 16 chars, ret=-1

hisken

You can stop the ping with control-C.

Sorry to say - but I think you'd better find someone in your neighborhood with some more network / command line experience. It's a bit hard to help you through this forum anyway.

A much easier solution for you to get IPv6 connectivity would be Teredo. It doesn't need any kind of configuration and will work straight out of the box. Despite I'm not familiar with Apple, this might be an interesting link for you: http://www.deepdarc.com/miredo-osx/.  If you reboot your Mac right now, all earlier manual configurations will be gone and you can start from scratch again (then try using Teredo). There is a lot of information on Google about Teredo and Mac OSX.

mikenzb

Quote from: hisken on January 22, 2011, 12:58:28 PM
You can stop the ping with control-C.

Sorry to say - but I think you'd better find someone in your neighborhood with some more network / command line experience. It's a bit hard to help you through this forum this way. I'm pretty sure you will manage to get it working in the end anyhow.

An much easier solution for you to get IPv6 connectivity would be Teredo. It doesn't need any kind of configuration and will work straight out of the box. Despite I'm not familiar with Apple, this might be an interesting link for you: http://www.deepdarc.com/miredo-osx/.  If you reboot your Mac right now, all earlier manual configurations will be gone and you can start from scratch again (then try using Teredo). There is a lot of information on Google about Teredo and Mac OSX.
na im alright. i just stay on 1pv4 untill my isp is ready

jimb

Heh.  I think this is the first kiwi I've seen on this forum.

Does the speedtouch have some sort of web interface?  I used to use one, but can't remember.  I think that'd be easier to use for him.  I kind of remember that mine didn't though.  Just telnet and a fairly obscure cli.  Like it was France or something.  :P :P

mikenzb

Quote from: jimb on January 22, 2011, 06:34:25 PM
Heh.  I think this is the first kiwi I've seen on this forum.

Does the speedtouch have some sort of web interface?  I used to use one, but can't remember.  I think that'd be easier to use for him.  I kind of remember that mine didn't though.  Just telnet and a fairly obscure cli.  Like it was France or something.  :P :P
What Web interface? you mean like this :

And ya i think im the first kiwi here.

jimb

Yeah something like that.  I don't think my old speedtouch had one of those.  It was only being used as a bridge anyway.

mikenzb

Quote from: jimb on January 23, 2011, 04:16:10 PM
Yeah something like that.  I don't think my old speedtouch had one of those.  It was only being used as a bridge anyway.
ha i get what you mean.
Its kind of like using MS-DOS with no GUI.

hisken

Quote from: mikenzb on January 23, 2011, 09:06:34 PM
Yeah something like that.  I don't think my old speedtouch had one of those.  It was only being used as a bridge anyway.
ha i get what you mean.
Heck, since when did MS-DOS have a GUI?  :P

@Jimb: Yup, all Speedtouches have those kind of crappy web interfaces. But I like the CLI anyhow, even though it's a really weird one  8). Are you by the way already on native IP6? My ISP here seems to be ready for it, but they don't offer it yet to mainstream consumers  :-\

jimb

Quote from: hisken on January 24, 2011, 03:32:17 PM
Yeah something like that.  I don't think my old speedtouch had one of those.  It was only being used as a bridge anyway.
ha i get what you mean.

@Jimb: Yup, all Speedtouches have those kind of crappy web interfaces. But I like the CLI anyhow, even though it's a really weird one  8). Are you by the way already on native IP6? My ISP here seems to be ready for it, but they don't offer it yet to mainstream consumers  :-\

Nope.  I'm using a tunnel.  But I should be able to get native IPv6.  I'm on comcast business and apparently they have given it to a few users.  Not sure if my area supports it yet.  Sort of hitting a wall inquiring about it though.

I played with their 6to4 gateways, but found the response to be way slower than HEs.

mikenzb

Quote from: hisken on January 24, 2011, 03:32:17 PM
ha i get what you mean.

I think MS-dos 3.1.
My Isp(orcon) is ready but Nz telecom isn't
We are all on telecom cabinets and excahnges so if there not ready no other ISP will be.
Nz so slow on there internet they dont even have Cable tv here. Well some of nz has cable tv(Fiber) but not in Auckland
They say its going be 2020 untill nz gets 100Mb Download and 50Mb Upload Speeds
All of nz is still on copper and theres only 1 ISP that offers VDSL2+ Thats only if your lucky and your on a cabinet that has fiber running too it.