• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

No more canonical server name or password protection??

Started by frustrated, January 23, 2011, 06:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frustrated

I deleted a tunnel as it seemed to be having problems and recreated it however I do not see the lines on the tunnel configuration screen to set the password for the tunnel. Has that option been removed recently? I also do not see the canonical name of the vpn. What am I not doing right?

cholzhauer

That's strange...I just went and looked at my account and I see the box showing the commands to create the new tunnel...can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

jrocha

The PPTP VPN Beta is currently on hold, so those configuration options don't show up for newly created tunnels.

frustrated

Quote from: jrocha on January 24, 2011, 02:36:15 PM
The PPTP VPN Beta is currently on hold, so those configuration options don't show up for newly created tunnels.

Drat. I had a tunnel but it was having problems so I deleted it and created a new one. I need to be able to enable and disable the tunnel easily in Win7.

frustrated

Well I issued the commands shown for the tunnel in an elevated CMD prompt in Win7 x64. Tried using my WAN and LAN IP of the computer which I want to use the tunnel on and I am still going through my ISP rather than the tunnel. Using a router here. When I do a "netsh inteface ipv6 show interface" it shows the tunnel is connected.

frustrated

Ok the problem is that normal tracert are going through my ISP rather than the tunnel. Only when I do a tracert to ipv6.google.com does it use the tunnel. How can I get any traffic bound for the internet to use the tunnel?

cholzhauer

frustrated

cholzhauer

Looks OK...let's see the output of one of your traceroutes.

frustrated

If I tracert to ipv6.google.com it works fine. The first hop is the HE tunnel. If I do a tracert to say news.com the first hop is my router 192.168.1.1 followed by my ISPs gateway. Its only using the tunnel for ipv6 based addresses. IPV4 addresses like news.com are still using my ISP routing.

cholzhauer

That's how it's going to work...your tunnel is IPv6 only.

If a site doesn't have a v6 address, it can't go through the tunnel.

frustrated

Thats what I was afraid of. :( I am kicking myself now because I had IPV4 tunnel set up but was having problems with it so I deleted it. Guess I will just have to look elsewhere for a IPV4 tunnel since I need to be able to tunnel IPV4 based sites.