• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

6in4 Tunnel with Ubuntu behind LANCOM 1711+ VPN

Started by nedex, January 26, 2011, 01:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedex

We use for the most of our DSL Accounts the LANCOM 1711+ VPN. Behind this Router, i have a Ubuntu Server in a VMware Player Installation with Bridging Network and a own IP-Address. But in the LANCOM i cannot redirect protocol 41 to the Ubuntu box. In the option for the Port dorwarding, there i only can choose TCP, UDP and TCP+UDP.

Is there anybody who knows the LANCOM. I donĀ“t like this device at this time :(

cholzhauer

Keep in mind protocol != port

Is there anyway you can place that host in the DMZ on your router?  Can you just turn the firewall off and do the firewalling on individual devices?

jimb

Most firewalls will open a dynamic hole and set up NAT forwarding for protocol 41 if it sees traffic initiated from the inside.

But if you're also using a VPN, it might be rejecting that Protocol 41 traffic because it's outside of the "encryption domain" set by the VPN.  If it's say an IPSEC tunnel and IP proto 41 isn't included in the list of traffic to encrypt, it'll be dropped.

nedex

Hey,

i know "protocol != port". But in the Firewall i can configure all i want. There are input fields where i can define my own types of classes. Protocols AND Port in all compinations. But on the forwarding there is only a drop box with the choise of UDP, TCP and UDP+TCP. So i think it is no possible to configure anything...

I try a 6in4 Tunnel from inside tu HE. SO the outgoing traffic is there, but no hole ;-)