• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Help needed clearing routing tables.

Started by sweex, February 06, 2011, 04:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweex

Hy I was experimenting with some different tunnel brokers and was able to configure them but what I didn't found that well is how to delete a specific tunnel or all tunnels.
As you can see I have a bit to much tunnels configured so a little bit of help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
$ ifconfig gif0
gif0: flags=8050<POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
inet6 fe80::c62c:3ff:fe2a:4116%gif0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2
inet6 2001:470:1f12:4a6::2 --> 2001:470:1f12:4a6::1 prefixlen 128
inet6 2001:6f8:202:4b5::2 --> 2001:6f8:202:4b5::1 prefixlen 128
inet6 2001:470:1f12:61d::2 --> 2001:470:1f12:61d::1 prefixlen 128

cholzhauer

What OS?

Looks like some sort of BSD...

If that's the case, you can just reboot to clear it (as long as you didn't put the info in /etc/rc.conf or /etc/rc.local.

If you've put the information there, just clear it and reboot.

sweex

Mac OS X
Thank you but isn't there a command which could help me clear it?

cholzhauer

Sure there is.

Why not just reboot?  It's much easier.

I don't know what commands you're trying to "undo", so I'm going to need some more information...what do you want to undo and get rid of?

sweex

It seems easier to me to add and delete tunnels to compare them than to add a tunnel reboot and try another one...
But as you can see I configured 4 different tunnels, I would like to be able to delete them and then reconfigure.
Also I have a dynamic IP address so sometimes my IP address changes and therefore my tunnel becomes inactive. So I can get a new one from HE but OS X still uses the first one, even if I add another tunnel.
I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

comptech

If you just want to start over again you can use the "ifconfig gif0 destroy" command.  You might also need to delete your default route(s) with "route delete -inet6 default" (I think this is the right command).

sweex

Thank you by the time I found out how to delete them one by one,
but with your destroy command I get this :"ifconfig: SIOCIFDESTROY: Invalid argument" error.

Randomandy

I've been struggling with this too. I don't have any problem removing tunnels in Linux, but on the Mac it just keeps accumulating addresses. It won't let me destroy and I don't know how to remove them.