• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

HE 6in4 tunnel using Mikrotik router

Started by takoateli, February 13, 2011, 09:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

takoateli

I'm using a Mikrotik RB-750 with 5.0rc9 firmware. When I turn on the IPv6 package and paste in HE's suggested settings for Mikrotik it all seems good but the client devices on the LAN side don't receive IPv6 addresses. I've read the wikis and faqs and can't figure out what's wrong. I did see that there is another line in addition to HE's suggested settings that has to be pasted into the Mikrotik's terminal window to set the router up so it gives out IPv6 addresses to clients, but I can't figure out the right setting. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Greg

hstrauss

Hi there.

I've noticed that happening to me before.

Ensure that Advertise is checked on the IPv6->Addresses entry for the globally routable IP. It wasn't by default for me. :)

-H.

takoateli

Quote from: hstrauss on February 13, 2011, 12:29:13 PM
Hi there.

I've noticed that happening to me before.

Ensure that Advertise is checked on the IPv6->Addresses entry for the globally routable IP. It wasn't by default for me. :)

-H.

Thanks for the reply. For me what fixed it was taking the /64 HE assigned me and I had to put it manually in the IPv6->Addresses and advertise it. That got it going. But the tunnel died on me after about 30 minutes. I don't know if it's because we have a satellite internet connection with 600ms-800ms latency at best, sometimes it's much higher.

Greg