• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

is any one able to set tunnel on system behind nat.

Started by zeeemughal, February 12, 2011, 09:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeeemughal

i am able to set tunnel on cisco router and also on server2003 server. both are have public ip addresses. but i also want this tunnel on my home system. i am using dsl with aztech dsl 605eu modem and have windows 7. i read on some forums they said i need to forward protocol 41. but i am not sure how i can forward protocol 41 to system. i also set my system in dmz zone but not able to create tunnel.

I will appreciate if any one give some tutorial .

cholzhauer

I'm not sure where you want to host the tunnel at...let's resolve that first.

You also might want to contact your ISP and see if they are filtering protocol 41.

zeeemughal

cholzhauer

Gotcha.

What commands did you use to try and create the tunnel? Remember, if you're running NAT, you need to use your NAT address to create the tunnel.

zeeemughal

netsh interface teredo set state disabled
netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel IP6Tunnel 192.168.1.1 216.66.22.2
netsh interface ipv6 add address IP6Tunnel 2001:***:*:***::2
netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 IP6Tunnel 2001:***:*:***::1

cholzhauer

Blocking your IP addresses does nothing and makes it harder for us to troubleshoot.

You have the right commands; the problem must be with protocol41.  Check your router and make sure you're not blocking protocol 41 and check with your ISP to make sure they're sending it to you.

zeeemughal

can you tell me which ports are used by protocol 41. i will also check my isp if they are blocking these ports.

cholzhauer

port != protocol

protocols are their own separate animal (tcp, udp, icmp, ect)