• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

IPv6 On Netgear WNDR3700

Started by RunnerFL, February 24, 2011, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knuti

Btw have you configued any Windows 7 clients yet? I tried to enter 2001:470:de8a::2 etc as my ip adresse but gets invalid adresse. a bit confused if it needs a fully ipv6 adresse of if I can use a compressed one.

ok keep me posted if you find any way to get a dhcp ipv6 up running on the /48 :D gonna try the static thing now thanks

edit: nvm it worked I just didnt see a space after the ::2 :D

goffmt

Glad it worked :) You should pass 10/10 on test-ipv6.com with a static set like that. I'll be sure to update here when I get around to figuring out radvd :)

knuti

grrr..just found it after everything worked out well that he.net does not support IRC connections :(

goffmt

Consider adding a second tunnel route to your router. I have both a HE.net tunnel and one from SixXS as gateways out on my router. SixXS does allow IRC with some restrictions; see here: https://www.sixxs.net/faq/misc/?faq=irc

donhackler

I've been having good luck with WNR3700L routers running tomato.
It's probably a lot easier to install than OpenWRT.

I have HE.Net 6to4 tunnels working fine on them.

lasfulop

Quote from: goffmt on May 06, 2011, 07:08:03 PM
Hi! I have managed to get a HE tunnel working on stock WNDR3700 firmware (V1.0.7.98NA) via some telnet configuring (screw the web GUI). I am still trying to figure out how to edit the radvd.conf file so I can serve my /48 to my LAN, but until then, I have just statically assigned IPs on my LAN instead and am able to get to the IPv6 internet directly from all clients :) This is written based on using a Windows client.

Can you tell me please if this is really the netgear firmware? Because a few posts later you copied in an openwrt login. And checking the telnet enable site is not really for this router (although I guess it can work with other routers). And another question is that the gui is still accessible?

Thank you so much can't wait to use my ipv6 tunnel with this router!

lasfulop

Quote from: lasfulop on June 09, 2011, 07:58:42 PM

Can you tell me please if this is really the netgear firmware? Because a few posts later you copied in an openwrt login. And checking the telnet enable site is not really for this router (although I guess it can work with other routers). And another question is that the gui is still accessible?

Thank you so much can't wait to use my ipv6 tunnel with this router!

I couldn't wait, so downloaded and hacked the router. ipv6 working through tunnelbroker.net. With manually assigned IPv6 addresses. I am still working on dhcp or radvd.

lasfulop

O, I found a few radvd configuration examples. But when trying to telnet in I get the message Connection closed by foreign host.. I turned off the router and turned back on, no change. I even reset the router and ran telnetenable.exe but still nothing. Of course IPv6 settings gone after reset. Anyone have something similar? Orr a solution? I cannot log in via telnet.

goffmt

Yes, it is stock NG firmware. NG firmware is based on OpenWRT. My router has similar problems of just denying all telnet after awhile but rebooting and re-running telnetenable seems to clear that up for me.

lasfulop

My fault. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that MAC address should be capitalized.

taichimaster

I was able to set up the tunnel and verified I have ipv6 connectivity.  Thanks for the example that goffmt provided.

Now I am trying to set up radvd for router advertisements, but I have a dumb question....is there any kind of editor in the busybox ash?   There doesn't seem to be vi, emacs, or anything.....I don't want to cook up a radvd.conf using "echo" if I don't have to.

lasfulop

Hi, I tried vi, nano, pico none seemed to work. I thought I would be clever and edited a file on my own computer copied to a USB stick plugged into the router. Tried to copy in the telnet window from the USB to the router but I got the message the file exists. Which was impossible. Tried with other file like jpg txt always the same error.
By the way I was just trying to copy a script that will set-up the HE tunnel every time the router reboots. I am not sure I have to do that I just wanted to try. I don't know if the router saves all the settings in case there is a power outage.

goffmt

There are no built-in editors AFAIK. Also, the router will not save your tunnel on reboot. I haven't had any time since I first got this working to dig for a way to write the nvram or play with radvd further.