• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Speed test and Ping test results from ipv6-test - How are yours?

Started by Quill, June 07, 2011, 10:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangix

Here's a stupid result. i get similar results every time i run this...

nickbeee

There appears to be a better route to the test server via IPv6.

ADSL
DownStream Connection Speed    7617 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed    1243 kbps

London tunnel -> France.

Alternative test site:

Nick B.

Tunnelling with [Open|Net|Free]BSD and IOS.
IPv6 courtesy of   HE and   Sixxs.

peebles

Ran this from sunny Scotland using the ipv6-test.com's European server, happy with the result considering my tunnel terminates at NYC.

OlivierW

Web agency Saint-Etienne, France : O2 Graphics - PC Tuning  - Radio techno : Let's Go Zik

minoss

broquea

Kizaki

This is the new tunnel I setup.  The tunnel server is tserv1.mci3 in Kansas City.

UltraZero

Well.  finally got my IPv6 back online this morning.  (Midnight)  Better results than last year.  

Hope to make it better when I change out some equipment.

Have a great day all.

jsterck

Here is my test results.  Im using COX in Orange County.  Using the HE Los Angeles tunnel.  A little disappointing.

UltraZero

Disappointing??  Never.  The more on IPv6, the better.  Hopefully, more will get moved over and more ISPs will convert.

I have a pretty decent connection from my provider, but, my numbers are pretty slow.  I guess it's time to try to eliminate more old hardware and bring in some newer stuff.

LOL..

jsterck

Im glad to support IPV6, and I want to help providers iron out issues that pop up.

Its a good problem to have, but not always easy to explain to folks why some sites seem to be slow or non-usable when they typically work fine (v4).

ghira

Ok I'm clearly doing something wrong as I consistently get results like this.

10 times slower on v6 than on v4.

I only noticed this yesterday when another member of my household that youtube videos were
starting and stopping and had been for a few days or possibly as long as a small number of weeks. Google
maps and other google applications are also affected. I've googled "youtube slow ipv6" and similar
and am now wondering about anycast dns servers, mtu cisco ios bugs involving tunnels, ip inspect, ecn.

I see several people on these forums reporting youtube slowness as well. I moved my HE tunnel
from Paris to London yesterday (I'm in the UK but London was full when I first set my tunnel up)
and it didn't seem to help.

I've also switched to just using the HE v6 and v6 DNS addresses: I'd been using my ISPs ones for years
but was suspcious about the "google whitelist" issue I'd seen mentioned here and there so it seemed
worth a try. It hasn't helped. Will it make things worse?

Digiciti

Quote from: ghira on July 13, 2012, 12:18:51 PM
I've also switched to just using the HE v6 and v6 DNS addresses: I'd been using my ISPs ones for years
but was suspcious about the "google whitelist" issue I'd seen mentioned here and there so it seemed
worth a try. It hasn't helped. Will it make things worse?

You should probably check your MTU settings.
AFAIK, google stopped dns whitelisting on World IPv6 Launch day.

kasperd

Right now I do have problems playing videos on youtube. It is not just slow, they don't load at all. Everything else on the page loads, just the video is missing. Whatever problem I have also seems to affect facebook where certain features stopped working. On to do some debugging.

Quote from: Digiciti on July 13, 2012, 01:11:00 PMAFAIK, google stopped dns whitelisting on World IPv6 Launch day.
I believe that is correct.