• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

"Generate a User Code" fails

Started by sdfranks, October 05, 2011, 01:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdfranks

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I'm trying the Enthusiast test, but I can't generate a User Code (step 1). It fails with "You do not appear to be using an IPv6 capable connection".

I know I have good IPv6 connectivity: http://test-ipv6.com/ says so, as do all other tests. Even some of HE's own pages show my IPv6 address at the bottom.

I'd guess the issue could be I'm not using a HE tunnel: sorry HE, but it would be a pain to swap right now, I am using IPv6 inside my network enough for the renumbering to be extra work.

I've tried both Iceweasel (Firefox) and Chrome, both on Debian.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks,

Stephen

cholzhauer

Shouldn't matter if you don't use an HE tunnel

What does http://www.whatismyipv6.net/ show?

sdfranks

Thanks for taking time to answer. www.whatismyipv6.net doesn't respond for me: but www.whatismyipv6.com gives me my IPv6 address (2a01:348:xxxx). For what it is worth, if I follow the link on the page to ipv6.whatismyipv6.com, I get exactly the same result.

Incidentally, www.whatismyipv6.net resolves in DNS (NSLookup shows me both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses). So either there is something wrong at my end, or the page is currently down. I can get to any other IPv6 site... but I don't want to jump to conclusions as I am only learning IPv6...  :-\

Thanks for helping,

Stephen

cholzhauer

That's strange.  Maybe there's a bug somewhere in your account.  When you make posts in the forums, the right side should show what IP address you come from...is that showing an IPv6 address too?

If so, you might email ipv6@he.net to see if there's something strange going on with your cert.

sdfranks

Mmmm, I don't see any indication of my address while posting. Or at least I can't see it anywhere... ???

sdfranks

Oh, hang on: I've found it now. Yes, it shows my IPv6 address.

I guess I'd better mail as you suggest.

Thanks,

Stephen

sdfranks

Just to finish the thread: it started working all by itself. I didn't make any changes, or do anything different (honest!).

My thanks to cholzhauer for fast and helpful replies.  :)

Stephen