• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Idea: DNS-O-Matic

Started by mindlesstux, October 14, 2009, 07:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindlesstux

If we could get HE.net supported by dns-o-matic that would make things really simple for me.  Currently I have 2 scripts to run when I get a new ip, and would like to bring that down to one.

dns-o-matic allows users to send one ip update to them and in turn it would send it out to every.

Any thoughts on working with them for dynamic ip updates?

http://www.dnsomatic.com/

kriteknetworks

So this dns-o-matic does what, updates some dyndns service so your $host.$dyndnsdomain is kept updated on ipv4? Not sure what you're asking here, you want to use dns-o-matic to also update your tunnel endpoint IP as well? If so, why can't it?

mindlesstux

dns-o-matic, run by the guys who created opendns.  Think of it as a one to many type setup.  They take a ip update and broadcast that update to all the services you setup with them.

Unfortantly tunnelbroker.net is not in there list, and I keep suggesting it via there form but nothing happens, so I figure go the other way.

---

Currently I  have one script updating dns-o-matic which in turn updates opendns and dyndns for me.  I have to currently either write a second script or update tunnelbroker manually.

fievel

Big up ! Very good idea, I have a lot of services to update with dynamic ip and it would be great if only one cron job is needed for all !