• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Lost old account info and setup new account after IP change, ping6 times out

Started by BinaryStreamII, October 27, 2011, 07:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinaryStreamII

Running on a linux box, have "iptables -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -s 66.220.2.74 -p icmp" as a firewall rule in my tomato router (as I always have with no problems).

Completely disabled my firewall on linux. and I cannot ping6 or connect to any ip6 IRC networks, all which worked fine before my IP changed.

Any ideas what may have changed? I am using the linux net tools commands under "example configurations".

Appreciate the help, I simply do not understand whats going on.

ping6 ipv6.google.com
PING ipv6.google.com(cbf02m01-in-x6a.1e100.net) 56 data bytes
^C
--- ipv6.google.com ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2999ms

broquea

1) what commands did you run when creating the tunnel on your linux machine?
2) you created a new tunnel but currently: Certification: None, which means no IRC access until Sage is attained under our IPv6 Certification Program.

BinaryStreamII

I never had to do any certification before, is that new? I have been using a he-tunnel for probably 2 years now with no issues on IRC or otherwise.  The reason I created a new tunnel is because the password I had was no longer working for my old account. I tried reset but none of the e-mail addresses I use seemed to appear valid to the password reset tool =/

ifconfig sit0 up
ifconfig sit0 inet6 tunnel ::209.51.181.2
ifconfig sit1 up
ifconfig sit1 inet6 add 2001:470:1f10:131b::2/64
route -A inet6 add ::/0 dev sit1

is the command I am using. Thanks for the quick reply.

broquea

Commands seem fine, and the tunnel on our side is configured with the v4 endpoint in the system.

IRC thing is new, to limit the ease of getting a tunnel to abuse and attract attacks.

cholzhauer

You would have been ok had you not had to create a new tunnel...the new iprc policy described only applies to new tunnels

BinaryStreamII

I will try and recover the information or recall the password. Is there anyway I could get the first and last letters only of the email address used for BinaryStream? that should refresh my memory as to what address I used, don't even need the know what service it was (yahoo/gmail/etc).

Thanks for the help guys, this is a bummer =/

broquea

BinaryStreamII

if it was for binarystream, could you give me the first and last letters of the email address? I am checking all the email addresses I can think of but not seeing it.

broquea

BinaryStreamII

super sweet, I remember now!! had to reactive the email account it had been a LONG time since I logged in. Thank you so much for the prompt help, I will report back if everything works out and also try and disable this account so I do not have two active.

Great assistance, really appreciate it.

BinaryStreamII

Good to go, back in action!!

I will try to delete BinaryStreamII or you can delete it as I will not be using it. Sorry to have created a new account before trying alternate methods of recovering the first. You guys are top notch.

broquea

Quote from: BinaryStreamII on October 27, 2011, 08:05:17 PM
Good to go, back in action!!

I will try to delete BinaryStreamII or you can delete it as I will not be using it. Sorry to have created a new account before trying alternate methods of recovering the first. You guys are top notch.

Deleted account.