• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

intermittent IPv6 Tunnel Problem

Started by maguirre, November 21, 2011, 10:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maguirre

I am pretty new to this but have been working with Tunnels using the HE services for a few weeks now.

I have setup a tunnel that allows me to access (ping, load webpages) using IPv6 protocol. However every once in a while (between 5-30 mins) my IPv6 connectivity goes away. I can't ping IPv6.google.com or load any IPv6 webpages. If I wait and do nothing IPv6 connectivity returns and I can go about my business.

Is there anything that I change to see why this is happening, Would this be on my side or on HE-Servces side?

Thanks in advance for your help
Melvin R Aguirre

P.S.
I am running the tunnel in an embedded Linux distribution.

cholzhauer

It would be on your side...are you running a firewall in between your tunnel server and HE?

maguirre

No firewall. I am behind a router that is running DD-WRT

kasperd

One way to narrow down the location of the problem is to run two ping commands against the tunnel server, one using the IPv4 address of the server and the other using the IPv6 address.

I'd run them with -i50 or so to not flood the tunnel server with pings. The next step of troubleshooting depends on the outcome of those ping commands.

maguirre

Thank you. I will ping both the Server IPv6 and IPv4 addresses from my embedded device and report back