• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Not getting return traffic to my new /48 network

Started by tfull, November 21, 2011, 11:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfull

I previously had my /64 network working through my tunnel, so I requested a /48.  I changed my network to use the new /48 addresses, but I can't get to the internet anymore.

I turned on logging on my firewall to monitor both inbound and outbound IPv6 traffic.  If I ping6 google.com, I can see the outbound but no inbound coming back. 

I then went to http://www.subnetonline.com/pages/ipv6-network-tools/online-ipv6-ping.php and tried to ping my /64 and /48 addresses.  I see the /64 ping coming in, but nothing for the /48 address.

Do I need to do something to activate the routing for my /48 after I request it?

cholzhauer

you do need to setup a route for your /48 so your router knows where to send it.

In my config, I have  Internet > IPv6Router > Firewall > Rest of nework

I have a route on my IPv6Router sending all traffic for the /48 at the outside interface of my firewall

tfull

If I understand what you're saying, this would be related to outbound traffic.  But my test is from the internet trying to ping my router.  I can see the inbound ping for my tunnel IPv6, and any of my /64 IPv6 addresses, but I can't see the inbound ping for any of my /48 IPv6 addresses, so I don't think the routing is an internal issue.  I'm pretty new to IPv6, so forgive me if I misunderstood your suggestion

cholzhauer

Still might be something to try though

You can always email ipv6@he.net and ask them to make sure everything looks good on their end