• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Stuck at Sage test

Started by matrixino, November 27, 2011, 05:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixino

Hello guys. I've passed successfully the Guru test, but now I'm stuck at the Sage one. My domain is technoracks.net which has the following nameservers: NS1.V6NS.ORG and NS1.NEWTONNET.CO.UK.

NS1.V6NS.ORG has ipv6 glue record, but if I try the test step 3 it just get stuck with this:
TLD: net
TLD Server: b.gtld-servers.net.

and nothing happens, the two arrows keeps going in circle.

Also in step 2 I get:
Completed: Displaying NS information
ns1.technoracks.net. 2001:41d0:2:4c5c:f::1
ns2.technoracks.net. 2001:41d0:2:4c5c:f::2

which is wrong.

Hints?

kasperd

You appear to be using the two authoritative servers ns1.v6ns.org and ns1.newtonnet.co.uk.

ns1.v6ns.org looks fine to me. However ns1.newtonnet.co.uk is missing a glue record. There is an AAAA record for ns1.newtonnet.co.uk, but it cannot be looked up using IPv6 because the authoritative DNS server for uk when asked for this name lists ns1.newtonnet.co.uk as authoritative for newtonnet.co.uk, this reply should contain the necessary glue records, but there is only an A glue record, it does not provide an AAAA glue record.

I don't know whether it is this missing glue record that is the reason for your problem. But it is worth checking anyway.

matrixino

I know ns1.newtonnet.co.uk is missing a glue record. In fact I'm just using ns1.v6ns.org to pass the test (one should be enough for it). I think my problem is just a bad cache, but I wanted to be sure with an answer/fix from HE staff.

kasperd

Your NS records have a two day TTL. So if you suspect it fails due to cached information, you could just wait two days and try again.

matrixino

I changed my NS more than 2 days ago.

cholzhauer

Quote from: matrixino on November 27, 2011, 01:06:15 PM
I know ns1.newtonnet.co.uk is missing a glue record. In fact I'm just using ns1.v6ns.org to pass the test (one should be enough for it). I think my problem is just a bad cache, but I wanted to be sure with an answer/fix from HE staff.

You could always email ipv6@he.net

But as kasperd points out, one of the NS's is "broken"  If the test queries that NS, you won't pass the test.

matrixino

I think the major problem is that in step 2 I get:
Completed: Displaying NS information
ns1.technoracks.net. 2001:41d0:2:4c5c:f::1
ns2.technoracks.net. 2001:41d0:2:4c5c:f::2

This is outdated and was changed some days ago.

I also mailed ipv6@he.net but no reply yet. Actually I'm not sure they got my mail. Shouldn't I receive an automated response? I didn't get it. Maybe some antispam thing block my mails at their side?

polarhome

Hello,

Quote from: matrixino on November 28, 2011, 08:15:16 AM
I also mailed ipv6@he.net but no reply yet. Actually I'm not sure they got my mail. Shouldn't I receive an automated response? I didn't get it. Maybe some antispam thing block my mails at their side?

Yes, this must be the case. You should receive a response like "Subject: [#1769495] Re: Acknowledgement from Hurricane Electric Ipv6 Operations"   

They are very helpful and competent once the mail communication works.

Regards,
Z