• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

IPv6 Windows 7 - General Failure

Started by Wader, January 08, 2012, 02:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wader

Hey there,

having some troubles getting my tunnel to work. I run the commands given in the sticky in this board however my IPv6 adapter displays as being disconnected and I cant ping the end point of my tunnel.

C:\Users\Wader>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d5f7:6c58:fcc9:2b86%11
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.230
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Tunnel adapter IP6Tunnel:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

C:\Users\Wader>ping 2001:470:1f14:1bf::1

Pinging 2001:470:1f14:1bf::1 with 32 bytes of data:
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.

Ping statistics for 2001:470:1f14:1bf::1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\Wader>

Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.

broquea

When you ran the netsh commands, did you replace your IPv4 endpoint with 192.168.1.230?

cholzhauer

That was my first question too.  Do you know if your firewall passes protocol 41?

Wader

Quote from: broquea on January 08, 2012, 03:23:29 PM
When you ran the netsh commands, did you replace your IPv4 endpoint with 192.168.1.230?

192.168.1.230 is my internal IP address, but yes i did replace that with the relevant external address.

My firewall supports IPv6 if thats what your asking. I use Comodo.

cholzhauer

What router are you using to do the nat translations?

Wader

Quote from: cholzhauer on January 08, 2012, 04:55:42 PM

Netgear WNR2000. I've setup my computer as the DMZ server which basically means it automatically forwards any requests that arn't defined in any other settings on the router.

broquea

While it could mean that, it isn't always 100% correct. It just means whatever tcp/udp services you might be running on that host (and not otherwise forwarded elsewhere by the NAT appliance), will show up scanning or connecting to the public IP on the NAT appliance. There are several threads on these forums with Netgear users that find their appliance still doesn't pass Protocol 41 (P41 is not tcp/udp). Try bypassing your Netgear and connect the Windows machine directly to the Internet and make certain it gets configured with the real IPv4 endpoint, and then rerun the tunnel commands with netsh (and the proper IPv4 address, not the NAT one obviously). If it works, then you know the Netgear is still filtering Protocols to the DMZ and only allowing known tcp/udp ports.

Jamesmorris

Quote from: Wader on January 08, 2012, 10:25:55 PM
Quote from: cholzhauer on January 08, 2012, 04:55:42 PM

Netgear WNR2000. I've setup my computer as the DMZ server which basically means it automatically forwards any requests that arn't defined in any other settings on the router.

Where does it forwards those requests ?

johnpoz

quick google on your router model

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=55795

nutshell it doesn't work - and this is the response they got from netgear support

--
This is Joey from 2nd Level Technical Support and I am following up your support case.

Engineering has responded to our query and I regret to say that they have confirmed that the WNR2000v2 does drops protocol 41 by default and there are no configuration option at this time to change it.
--

So if you have a v2, I doubt your going to be able to get it to work - now that was from end of 2010, maybe they changed something.  But since you say its not working, does not sound like it.