• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

tunnel behind NAT

Started by realdreams, March 26, 2012, 07:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realdreams

I successfully set up the tunnel and now I can open ipv6 websites. I set up a website in IIS7 but it seems nobody else can access the site.
The way I did it is create an AAAA record to my ipv6 client address and then I can open the website with the domain, but Google webmaster tools(verfication) can't.
I don't think it has anything to do with NAT anymore since the tunnel is already up. The router is running DD-WRT v24-sp2 and I didn't change any settings on the router for IPv6. I don't this build has IPv6 support.

Edit:
Interesting, I can load the page with an ipv6 proxy. http://www.ipv6proxy.net, but still Google webmaster tools and HE certification Enthusiast level can't load the test pages...
I am pretty sure it works cuz I can see it it both my own ip and the ip of the proxy server in IIS log. So why those 2 tests fail(seems like a DNS error, doesn't send GET request to the server at all)>? The domain is AAAA.ranceyu.com
test pages
/pevk8y8d7d.txt
/google9560042168ddb69a.html

kasperd

There is no webserver running on that IPv6 address. Any connection to port 80 get a connection reset. The proxy also reports that it cannot connect to the host.

realdreams

problem solved... as long as the tunnel is up, the NAT is transparent(can be ignored)
The problem is caused by access control settings in the mail server and auto-ban(hmailserver)....... It took me like 2 hours to find out my own ip has been banned.....