• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Nmap and .... only ethernet devices can be use ????

Started by whynot2012, April 04, 2012, 02:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whynot2012

i was sacning an ip and get this with Nmap .... only ethernet devices can be used for raw scans on windows, and "ppp0" is not an ethernet device. use the --unprivileged option for this scan

went to the Nmap web site and find this

While IPv6 hasn't exactly taken the world by storm, it gets significant use in some (usually Asian) countries and most modern operating systems support it. To use Nmap with IPv6, both the source and target of your scan must be configured for IPv6. If your ISP (like most of them) does not allocate IPv6 addresses to you, free tunnel brokers are widely available and work fine with Nmap. I use the free IPv6 tunnel broker service at http://www.tunnelbroker.net.  Other tunnel brokers are listed at Wikipedia. 6to4 tunnels are another popular, free approach.
On Windows, raw-socket IPv6 scans are supported only on ethernet devices (not tunnels), and only on Windows Vista and later. Use the --unprivileged option in other situations.

so now on the www.tunnelbroker.net i did get a account and loged in but don't know what to do now ??

wana be able to get info about an ip adress when do a scan and Solve the problem of Nmap >>>only ethernet devices can be used for raw scans on windows, and "ppp0" is not an ethernet device. use the --unprivileged option for this scan