• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

face:b00c starting to publish AAAA "early"?

Started by cconn, May 21, 2012, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cconn

It seems facebook has started to publish AAAA on non-"whitelisted" DNS servers -

dig -t AAAA @4.2.2.2 www.facebook.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> -t AAAA @4.2.2.2 www.facebook.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 15385
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.facebook.com.              IN      AAAA

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.facebook.com.       96      IN      AAAA    2a03:2880:10:8f01:face:b00c:0:25

;; Query time: 15 msec
;; SERVER: 4.2.2.2#53(4.2.2.2)
;; WHEN: Mon May 21 23:10:15 2012
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 62

good to see considering it was "supposed" to re-occur only on June 6th.  Maybe they need some news to spur investment in their stock  ;D

kasperd

Quote from: cconn on May 21, 2012, 08:10:31 PMIt seems facebook has started to publish AAAA on non-"whitelisted" DNS servers
I can confirm this observation. I tested with DNS servers on three different networks, none of which were whitelisted according to my knowledge. I also got AAAA records when doing the AAAA lookups directly to the authoritative servers from hosts, which were usually not DNS servers.

They still only have a AAAA record for www.facebook.com, I wonder when they will get a AAAA record for facebook.com and for their authoritative DNS servers.

broquea

What does this thread have to do with the IPv6 certification topic?

cconn

woops....wrong general forum  ???

it can be used now for the ping test in the certification?!  :P

brad

Quote from: cconn on May 21, 2012, 08:10:31 PM
It seems facebook has started to publish AAAA on non-"whitelisted" DNS servers -

see considering it was "supposed" to re-occur only on June 6th.  Maybe they need some news to spur investment in their stock  ;D

As far as I know this was part of an early roll out for third party developers to deal with issues before the World IPv6 Launch day.