• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Administrator lvl - EMAIL LOST when send to server, but it works when send from.

Started by miklasz, June 15, 2012, 11:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miklasz

Hello.

I am having problem with receiving email to my miklasz.co.uk. When I send email from any@miklasz.co.uk to my gmail account, I can see email received from server, when I click reply and send back, email never gets to server.... Also i dont receive any error msg or email undelivered.

When I login by telnet on port 25 -> mail.miklasz.co.uk, I am able to create email and send it to server, than I can receive email in server mailbox.

Ive been going over and over and I cant see the fault.

I know my ISP dont block port 25.

hope someone had this problem before.......

broquea

Jun 15 11:44:25 ipvsixme postfix/smtp[19170]: 89F222C02F0: to=<any@mail.miklasz.co.uk>, relay=mail.miklasz.co.uk[2001:470:1f09:156::10]:25, delay=5.7, delays=0.02/0.01/0.52/5.2, dsn=5.7.1, status=undeliverable (host mail.miklasz.co.uk[2001:470:1f09:156::10] said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay (in reply to RCPT TO command))

miklasz

sorry, by any@ i ment email to any user are missing
active users i use for test is:
student@miklasz.co.uk

broquea

Seems fine...
Jun 15 12:21:01 ipvsixme postfix/smtp[19831]: 676D92C0334: to=<student@miklasz.co.uk>, relay=mail.miklasz.co.uk[2001:470:1f09:156::10]:25, delay=5.9, delays=0.02/0.01/0.76/5.1, dsn=2.1.5, status=deliverable (250 2.1.5 Recipient OK)

I'm just using `sendmail -bv student@miklasz.co.uk`to test

miklasz

broquea

Quote from: miklasz on June 15, 2012, 12:24:59 PM
could you send me normal email: to student@miklasz.co.uk?

many thanks

email sent

EDIT - Oh i didn't realize this is the same issue as that other thread. Yeah, GMAIL doesn't send out email over IPv6, so an AAAA only MX means you won't get email from them. However as far as the IPv6 Certification Program goes, you should be getting the email, unless there is some sort of cached record for your MX which hasn't flushed out and been updated.

miklasz

right !!! :) Mission Success....

just for future reference.... DONT FORGET TO CHANGE NS DELEGATION FOR RDNS

due to my registrar i had to use different free dns managmet to manage my domain with PTR, unfortunatly Heart Internet dont support it.... so ive used... zerigo.com
and when i did that - ive forgot to change NS in http://www.tunnelbroker.net control panel.

Thx for reply!!!

kasperd

Quote from: broquea on June 15, 2012, 12:47:24 PMYeah, GMAIL doesn't send out email over IPv6
That's strange. I thought sending email over IPv6 would be easier for Gmail to support than receiving, and the only reason it wasn't supported a long time ago was in order not to confuse people by supporting IPv6 in one direction and no the other. But Gmail has supported receiving email over IPv6 since the 6th of June.

I'm not sure what's the reason for the lack of error messages. Maybe it just keeps retrying hoping that an IPv4 MX will show up. I tried a few experiments.

IPv6 only mx: No response so far.
mx pointing to domain with no A and no AAAA record: No response so far.
mx pointing to nonexisting domain name: No response so far.
Recipient domain itself nonexisting: Mail returned instantly. (When clicking "send", the bounce arrived on my phone before the webserver replied to the browser).

kasperd

Quote from: kasperd on June 16, 2012, 12:59:59 AMI'm not sure what's the reason for the lack of error messages. Maybe it just keeps retrying hoping that an IPv4 MX will show up.
As long as there is an mx record, Gmail will keep trying to resolve an A record for that mx for three days. It makes no difference if there is an AAAA record or not. Testing with an IPv6 only name as well as a name that has neither A nor AAAA record both produced an error message after 24 hours and another after 48 hours, reading: "DNS Error: DNS server returned answer with no data"