• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

My tunnel does not work anymore

Started by deadman3000, June 28, 2012, 07:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman3000

I don't know what changed but my tunnel no longer works. I tried in both XP and Win7 64. I want it working on XP though. I tried deleting/creating the tunnel and making sure my client IP address was correct (WAN side). But to no avail. I also had an issue where I could login to the config page but not the forum? I found out how to reset my password so I am now able to post here but am still stuck as to why the tunnel is no longer working. I have had to reset to using a TAP32 driver and SIXXS but my preference was for Tunnelbroker which I found better.

Any tips or clues? Usually I just send the XP command lines and all is well.

BTW I have a Netgear DG834Gv4 with custom FW DMZ'd to a DLink DIR655 HW Rev A2 (No direct IPv6 support yet). The Netgear has pretty much stayed the same. I've only removed and added some forwarded ports on the DIR655 but I can't recall having to setup any ports unless it's port 41 or something?

cholzhauer

Is your router blocking protocol41?

deadman3000

Quote from: cholzhauer on June 28, 2012, 07:24:20 AM
Is your router blocking protocol41?

I don't see how it could be. The Netgear is set to DMZ mode and the DLink has port 41 forwarded (I don't think that is protocol 41 though?). As I said nothing really changed AFAIK. Going to do some more testing as I noticed port 41 was forwarded to another IP but I don't believe that has anything to do with it.

cholzhauer

Right... port != protocol

Unfortunately enabling DMZ mode doesn't work...some routers say they support it and offer it as a choice, but it really doesn't do anything

broquea

If it _was_ working and now it isn't with the same setup, then either something on your side is filtering protocol 41, your isp is filtering protocol 41 or the tunnelserver's interface wasn't configured properly.

For #1, if you made any firmware updates to either netgear or dlink (double nat what?) that might have screwed something up.
For #2, you call them and ask, and since they won't know what you are asking, or claim they don't, you won't get anywhere.
For #3, you'd need to email HE and have them verify their tunnel interface points to your current IPv4 address.

deadman3000

Quote from: broquea on June 28, 2012, 07:47:11 AM
If it _was_ working and now it isn't with the same setup, then either something on your side is filtering protocol 41, your isp is filtering protocol 41 or the tunnelserver's interface wasn't configured properly.

For #1, if you made any firmware updates to either netgear or dlink (double nat what?) that might have screwed something up.
For #2, you call them and ask, and since they won't know what you are asking, or claim they don't, you won't get anywhere.
For #3, you'd need to email HE and have them verify their tunnel interface points to your current IPv4 address.

1. Nope. Not touched it.
2. Worth a try.
3. Will probably try this as well.

I just tried connecting to the Netgear directly instead of through the DLink. I set DMZ to the newly assigned IP of the XP PC. I also changed the endpoint to a new 'forced' IP on a different range of their DHCP servers(Not within the Terms of my ISP on non-static but I can do that on my router if I so wish). Then ran the usual.

ipv6 install
ipv6 rtu ::/0 2/::216.66.80.26 pub
ipv6 adu 2/2001:470:1f08:26c::2

Still not go.

So either protocol 41 is being blocked in my router someplace or by my ISP or something is screwy with Tunnelbroker. I am going to switch out to the ISP provided router just to test if it's anything to do with the Netgear. If that fails next call is ISP then Tunnelbroker.

deadman3000

I spoke to my ISP who assure me they do not block protocol 41. I also switched to the ISP provided router which again they assure me will not block protocol 41. Do Tunnelbroker have a support email? I am not finding it.

cholzhauer