• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Update IP Script for Netgear DG834Gv4?

Started by deadman3000, July 29, 2012, 05:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman3000

I have a VB script that updates my client IP whenever my ADSL connection goes down. I run it manually or on a schedule at the moment. However is there a script I can run on my DGTeam firmware on a Netgear DG834v4? In the firmware I have the option to run custom scripts and one such option is to run a script when the ADSL disconnects. However the VB script I tried does not work there so I am guessing the scripting is different on the router.

kriteknetworks

Did you check the routers documentation to see what type of scripts can be run from it? I'm guessing the router doesnt run Windows so VB wouldnt work.

deadman3000

I've been told that

# /usr/sbin/ewget 'https://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/nic/update?username=XXX&password=YYY&hostname=NNNNN';

should work but I can't get it to work even if I do it manually in the browser with just the url. I get a message 'notfqdn'

I put my standard username (Not USERID or TUNID), standard password (Not MD5 hashed) and current IP. Because I am on dynamic IP though I need it also to know the current IP. It would be great if it just got the IP from my dyndns url.