• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Struggling

Started by niekwest181, September 22, 2012, 08:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niekwest181

I'm sorry but as I tryed to explain in my previous reply. Without any doing on my behalve dir 655 changed the ipv6 connection info as shown on attachment, it even created one of my pc's as a ipv6 pc. So it wasn't me. Looking at your attachment I don't see much difference and if your dlink works and mine not, I do think I've got a problem. Would it be useful to reset the router and start from scratch??

cholzhauer

I'm not sure i  follow you, but yes, if your computer was getting an address from itself rather than the router, your info may have changed.

I think a reset may be a good idea

niekwest181

OK let you know what happens

niekwest181

Well I resetted the router, cleaned my network setting and strarted over. The result is the same, it just won't work. Now I think I downloaded the wrong firmware 2.05, maby it isn't mend for Europe I don't know. In contact with D-link NL to find out if my theory is right. Thank you for all the help

snarked

Does your router have receive a dynamic IPv4 address?  I don't know if the 655 has the same problem as the 615, but with the 615, when the IPv4 address changes, one has to manually edit the IPv6 address setup to match the change.

niekwest181

Hi thanks for your reply. I considered this post as ended and therefore my late reply. Luckily I don't have a dynamic ipv4 address and I don't know if the Ipv6 address must be put in manually in normal circumstances. I did it manually, but as I stated earlier I may have put in the wrong firmware. I already send  the DIR-655 back as a DOA and in 2 weeks I'll try again....