• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

ipv6

Started by samuraiuros, November 19, 2008, 02:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuraiuros

Hello, i am trying to create a tunnel here, i am more new to IPV6 but i am interested in it and willing to learn..

I am behind a router, with DD-WRT v23 sp2..

Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.

this is the problem, i had a ipv6 tunnel through TSPC + freenet , and its working fine, but i would like to try it here...

If i shut down my firewall on router it works, but  i would like to have that on.. So i am not sure how to enable my router to forward ICMP .. Anyone can help ?

broquea

Quote from: samuraiuros on November 19, 2008, 02:26:05 AM
Hello, i am trying to create a tunnel here, i am more new to IPV6 but i am interested in it and willing to learn..

I am behind a router, with DD-WRT v23 sp2..

Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.

this is the problem, i had a ipv6 tunnel through TSPC + freenet , and its working fine, but i would like to try it here...

If i shut down my firewall on router it works, but  i would like to have that on.. So i am not sure how to enable my router to forward ICMP .. Anyone can help ?

Can you set a firewall rule to only allow ICMP from arc.he.net's hostname or IP? That'll fix that.

samuraiuros

ok i have added iptables rule to my router, even though i accidently deleted rule 1 INPUT all and had to reboot..

it works now :) 

I have another question now

config for my linux

ifconfig sit0 up
ifconfig sit0 inet6 tunnel ::216.66.80.30
ifconfig sit1 up

sit1: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

i get this error :( 

why  ? and what this sit0 and sit 1 means..    otheriwse, i have eth0 which is my network card..

kriteknetworks

Does your kernel have support for the sit device? Is the module loaded?
The sit device is a tunnel encapsulation device.

samuraiuros

Quote from: kriteknetworks on November 19, 2008, 09:24:08 AM
Does your kernel have support for the sit device? Is the module loaded?
The sit device is a tunnel encapsulation device.

i can add sit0 device..   i have ubuntu 8.10 so i think i have supprot in kernel .. how do i check if the module is loaded ?

kriteknetworks

samuraiuros

Quote from: kriteknetworks on November 19, 2008, 10:46:13 AM
lsmod as root.

There is a bunch of data showing, i dont think there is sit module, there is tun though..

how do i load sit module then ?

kriteknetworks

modprobe sit as root.

samuraiuros

Quote from: kriteknetworks on November 20, 2008, 09:07:40 AM
modprobe sit as root.

Module                  Size  Used by
sit                    18436  0

i still get error

sudo ifconfig sit1 up
sit1: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

:(

broquea

Just to clarify, this is trying to turn up the tunnel on the ddwrt device, or a linux host behind it? I only ask since I don't think it was made clear.

If a linux host behind your ddwrt device, have you tried a different kernel rev to see if you have the same issue? Compiled your own kernel?

samuraiuros

Quote from: broquea on November 21, 2008, 01:53:04 AM
Just to clarify, this is trying to turn up the tunnel on the ddwrt device, or a linux host behind it? I only ask since I don't think it was made clear.

If a linux host behind your ddwrt device, have you tried a different kernel rev to see if you have the same issue? Compiled your own kernel?

a linux host behind router device...  i am using ubuntu 8.10  , and i didnt compile my own kernel...

edit: few more people that have the same ubuntu, have the same issue and they cant add sit1, sit0 is possible..

through freenet, i ve been able to set a tunnel through tun device.. i ve added /64 to my eth0 device,  since i couldnt use sit1, not sure if i can do here the same, since i use TSPC there..

the problem is script here uses tun1 , and it doesnt work :(