• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

tserv4.nyc4 server down. Sandy?

Started by kmp6, October 31, 2012, 08:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmp6

Just noticed my tunnel server is down.  Is this Sandy - is there an ETA or suggestion on how to re-route?  (I'd rather not have to renumber.)

cholzhauer

There was a large data center over that way that was shutdown due to flooding, I don't know if HE is in there or not

kmp6

Quote from: cholzhauer on October 31, 2012, 08:13:04 AM
There was a large data center over that way that was shutdown due to flooding, I don't know if HE is in there or not

Many of them, I expect.  But it just went down - 0515 EDT - so I thought we'd gotten through the worst of it.  Any idea what location they use in NYC?

I could always set up to use a different server, but the reconfiguration and renumbering is something I'd rather avoid if I can.

kcochran

That tserv looks like it didn't escape things in NYC unscathed.  We're working on figuring out what happened to it, but in the meantime tunnels have been moved (and are currently rebuilding) to Toronto and both Toronto and NYC shut to new tunnels for now.

kmp6

Quote from: kcochran on October 31, 2012, 08:59:24 AM
That tserv looks like it didn't escape things in NYC unscathed.  We're working on figuring out what happened to it, but in the meantime tunnels have been moved (and are currently rebuilding) to Toronto and both Toronto and NYC shut to new tunnels for now.

Indeed, my tunnel seems to be back - thanks!