• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

IPv6 HE Tunnel router

Started by fullnetsolutions, November 09, 2012, 06:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullnetsolutions

Hi

I have successfully setup a tunnel to my Centos 6 server and I can ping and browse and do what i need to do. For more in depth tests I would like to assign more of my servers HE tunnel IP address so that I can start testing the web, ftp and dns side of things. What I dont want to do is to create multiple tunnels, but rather have my Centos 6 server serve as a gateway/router to the he tunnel and in that way allow all of my servers access to the IPv6 network.

While doing the initial tunnel setup, I have read a lot of posts and I am sure there was a post about doing exactly this, but I can not for the life of me find it again and any searching comes up with zip. Can anybody please point me in the right direction to do this.

Thanks

Kobus

broquea

1) enable ipv6 packet forwarding in centos machine's sysctl
2) configure an IP out of your routed /64 on your LAN facing interface (usually ending with ::1)
3) install and configure radvd to use both that /64 prefix and that LAN interface
4) start radvd; profit (assuming the servers are both on that LAN and have IPv6 autoconfiguration enabled)