• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IPv6 on Verizon LTE

Started by cholzhauer, November 27, 2012, 05:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cholzhauer

My spiffy new Galaxy S III includes the hotspot feature; I just turned it on to test some VPN issues and saw that I was receiving a IPv6 address.  I do have IPv6 connectivity (verified by pinging Google over IPv6 from an attached device)

I had checked for IPv6 connectivity a few weeks ago when I first received the phone, but it didn't have any, so as far as I know, this is a recent change.

However, when I connect to a Wifi network that has IPv6 running, the phone does not receive an IPv6 address.

bbgott

Quote from: cholzhauer on November 27, 2012, 05:40:50 AM
My spiffy new Galaxy S III includes the hotspot feature; I just turned it on to test some VPN issues and saw that I was receiving a IPv6 address.  I do have IPv6 connectivity (verified by pinging Google over IPv6 from an attached device)

I had checked for IPv6 connectivity a few weeks ago when I first received the phone, but it didn't have any, so as far as I know, this is a recent change.

However, when I connect to a Wifi network that has IPv6 running, the phone does not receive an IPv6 address.
I have a Note II on VZW's LTE service.  I noticed the same behavior.  After doing some testing, I was able to determine that on a wifi network that has IPv6 it does get an address, but does not show it in the status page on the phone.  If you perform the same ipv6 tests as you did with the LTE connection, you should see that it does have an IPv6 address even tho it doesn't show that it has one.  I'm not sure why it behaves that way.

cholzhauer

What OS are you running?  I have not had good results with version prior to 4.x

ziddey

android supports stateless but not dhcpv6 currently. like mentioned, it won't show the ipv6 address in the status, but it does work.

wswartzendruber

The best combo for Android is SLAAC with DHCPv6 DNS information.

smileyjvc

I've noticed on my samsung s3 it is receiving a v6 address and v4 is now a 10.*.*.*

kwinrich

Just noticed that I have IPV6 on my Note 2.  The other address is for the Wifi.