• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Need help with creating a working IPv6 tunnel

Started by idjuric10, December 21, 2012, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idjuric10

OK so I'm trying to make an IPv6 tunnel using a friend's router which uses MikroTik RouterOS V2.9. This one should be better and have a lot more options then mine, what do I need to do to make it forward protocol 41 in order to get the IPv6 tunnel to work?

cholzhauer

It should just do it (check the firewall setting for restrictions)...you may need to enable DMZ mode though.

idjuric10

OK, googling now to find out how to enable DMZ on this router since it seems like it isn't as simple as checking the Enable DMZ box like on mine.

kasperd

Quote from: idjuric10 on December 28, 2012, 08:54:29 AMOK, googling now to find out how to enable DMZ on this router since it seems like it isn't as simple as checking the Enable DMZ box like on mine.
It isn't hard to find a router without such a feature. And actually there are routers which can handle protocol 41 without needing the DMZ feature. Some routers can handle protocol 41 in the default configuration by simply using connection tracking.

So even if you cannot find the router configuration options you are looking for, it is worth trying setting up the tunnel anyway. With a bit of luck, it might just work.

If you just want to test passing protocol 41 packets without needing to get the tunnel configured on the tunnel server first, you can still use 86.52.121.5 as if it was the tunnel server IP and then try to ping 2001:470:1f0b:1da2:161c:67c3:678a:2837.

idjuric10

The results of me dedicating most of Friday and literally this whole weekend to this:

http://ipv6.he.net/certification/scoresheet.php?pass_name=idjuric10

Thanks for all the help even though it ended up not being possible to make it work on my router!