• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IPv4 Endpoint Update has No Effect (Cisco EA4200)

Started by shouldsleep, December 25, 2012, 05:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shouldsleep

I've been using the tunnel with a Cisco EA4200 for a while and it's been awesome. But since my ISP changed the IP (it's assigning static IP via PPPoE), I've been unable to connect to the IPv6 network. I updated the IPv4 endpoint, rebooted the router and seem no use :(

cholzhauer

If you have updated the IPv4 endpoint on the tunnel page, you'll have to email ipv6@he.net and get them involved.

shouldsleep

I contacted HE and they suspected the ISP is filtering protocol 41. I contacted my ISP and they said there's no filtering (though I don't really trust them since they keep referring to "port 41").

I used hping and seems both outbound ICMP and protocol 41 can reach HE's relay server. However, when used from our server in CA to test inbound, ICMP can reach my router but protocol 41 got blocked at my ISP.

kasperd

Quote from: shouldsleep on December 27, 2012, 12:51:08 AMI used hping and seems both outbound ICMP and protocol 41 can reach HE's relay server. However, when used from our server in CA to test inbound, ICMP can reach my router but protocol 41 got blocked at my ISP.
Did you run a traceroute with each kind of packet to see at which hop they got blocked?

shouldsleep

Yeah. ICMP packets are fine, but inbound protocol-41 packets got blocked about three hops in my ISP (outbound are fine though).