• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Time Capsule / Airport 7.6.3 firmware update

Started by kcochran, February 08, 2013, 07:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcochran

Presuming nothing was broken in the IPv6 code from 7.6 to 7.7, the current example configurations should still work.

KennKong

Quote from: alankuranov on November 27, 2013, 01:06:30 AM
Does anyone able to set up Airport Extreme with firmware 7.7.2 for IPv6?
I don't see the delegated prefix line in my 7.7.2 setup screen (see attached).
This setup isn't working for me.

kasperd

Quote from: KennKong on November 30, 2013, 05:03:10 PM
I don't see the delegated prefix line in my 7.7.2 setup screen (see attached).
This setup isn't working for me.
Does it help if you replace ffff with f18 in all the v6 addresses?

KennKong

Quote from: kasperd on December 01, 2013, 02:16:23 PM
Does it help if you replace ffff with f18 in all the v6 addresses?
I am using f18 in the appropriate places.  I was clumsily concealing my public address space.

From reading other posts, I have seen that using DHCP to get my public v4 address (I am) may cause the tunnel not to work.  Is this the problem, and if so, are there any work arounds?  I've never tried this before, but I could set my WAN connection to static with the same information as I get from the DHCP and see if that works (but what happens when my lease expires?)  Perhaps I could get the tunnel working, then switch back to DHCP?

KennKong

I got mine straightened out.  The problem was the version of the Airport Utility I was using.  The latest Windows version was 5.6.1, which won't work with the Extreme ac model.  I had to take my dead Macbook to the shop for resurrection, and had to upgrade the OS to Mavericks (I skipped over Mountain Lion and Hello, Kitty) before I could install Airport Utility v6.3.2.

Now the delegated prefix line shows up, and configuring it the way everyone else does had it working immediately.

Now I wish I had that old PC I tossed out last month.  It would have been much, much cheaper to stick another NIC in it and set it up as a router.