• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

FCS Errors

Started by lubecorp, May 09, 2013, 07:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lubecorp

Is it normal to see FCS or align errors on a router's WAN interface when tunneling IPv6 over an IPv4 network due difference in frame format? I'm trying to troubleshoot some things with my provider and they wanted me to query that before they go any further.

Thanks,
Jason

kasperd

Quote from: lubecorp on May 09, 2013, 07:53:12 AMIs it normal to see FCS or align errors on a router's WAN interface when tunneling IPv6 over an IPv4 network due difference in frame format?
It sounds unlikely that those two things could be connected. What happens at the IPv6 layer and what happens at the Ethernet layer will be two protocol layers apart.

Quote from: lubecorp on May 09, 2013, 07:53:12 AMI'm trying to troubleshoot some things with my provider and they wanted me to query that before they go any further.
Providers will come up with the most ridiculous explanations as to why a problem is not their fault. Most recently my ISP had run out of IPv4 addresses, they claimed my network interface was faulty, and that's why their DHCP server was not giving me any address.