• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Cisco RV180

Started by spud, May 28, 2013, 07:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spud

Thinking of replacing my present router with a Cisco RV180.
Has anybody had any success with this router in setting up a 6to4 tunnel with HE
Any configuration tips?

Thanks

scenefinale

Yes, I have successfully setup a 6to4 between the RV180 and HE's tunnelbroker.net.  I did so using the steps from the guide found here:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/17497-102-1-43132/Connecting_RV220W_to_an_IPv6_Tunnel_broker.pdf
The RV220W and the RV180 have very similar web interfaces.

Please note, however, that as of "Firmware Version 1.0.3.10", the IPv6 options for the RV180 web interface have significantly changed and will require additional settings not listed in said article.  At the time when I set it up, I believe my RV180 was running firmware version 1.0.0.30 and all the settings corresponded to the one's in the PDF above.

Although I was able to get it all up and running, I would not recommend this setup as an ideal one as it can be somewhat tricky.  Good luck!

kasperd

Quote from: scenefinale on August 02, 2013, 12:21:42 PMYes, I have successfully setup a 6to4 between the RV180 and HE's tunnelbroker.net.
That's gotta be a typo, right? I assume you mean 6in4.

bleagh

No, it is called 6to4 tunnel on the RV180.

I have been able to get a turnnel up on the RV180 using the latest firmware.
The cisco document (Connecting_RV220W_to_an_IPv6_Tunnel_broker.pdf)
seems to have a few errors, and is a bit incomplete for the RV180 with the latest firmware.

I am a bit concerned about security.   The RV180 does not seem to do any firewalling at all for IPv6,
and with no nat...?

jonasplus

Hi,

Very interesting, I've been struggling with ipv6 on the latest FW and gave up in the end... Would be very interested to hear a description of you of some sort for your setup with a HE tunnel.
Would you mind sharing briefly how you managed to set it up? Maybe just explain the delta from the PDF, I guess that might be less work...

Thanks in advance, hope to get my ipv6 tunnel up again soon...

Quote from: bleagh on August 13, 2013, 04:41:31 PM
No, it is called 6to4 tunnel on the RV180.

I have been able to get a turnnel up on the RV180 using the latest firmware.
The cisco document (Connecting_RV220W_to_an_IPv6_Tunnel_broker.pdf)
seems to have a few errors, and is a bit incomplete for the RV180 with the latest firmware.

I am a bit concerned about security.   The RV180 does not seem to do any firewalling at all for IPv6,
and with no nat...?

bleagh

Sorry, but the RV180 is truely a bad router.  It has very slow and very buggy firmware.  Until cisco decides to make better firmware, my only advice is to find a better router.  And so far Cisco has shown no interest in making better firmware.