• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Changing client endpoint

Started by emontes, February 06, 2014, 04:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emontes

Hi,

I have just changed my client endpoint on the Tunnelbroker page but maybe it hasn`t been updated on HE`s end? Or does it take sometime until the update goes through?
I ask that as I don't  have any IPv6 connectivity on that tunnel and the only thing I did was getting a new IP.
I ran a tcpdump for proto41 and I can see traffic there so I believe it`s all good on that point.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

kasperd

Quote from: emontes on February 06, 2014, 04:35:16 PMI ran a tcpdump for proto41 and I can see traffic there so I believe it`s all good on that point.
Do you see protocol 41 packets in both directions?

If the update did not go through on the tunnel server side, then you should only see protocol 41 packets from your tunnel endpoint to the tunnel server, but none in the other direction. You should however see some of the protocol 41 packets that you send get rejected by the tunnel server with an ICMP error being send back to your IP.

If you find that the server does indeed not send you any protocol 41 packets to your IP and does send ICMP errors to you, then you should next go to the tunnel setup page again and verify, that the client IPv4 address entered does in fact match the IPv4 address of your tunnel endpoint.

If you have confirmed that the update has been effected on the tunnel setup page, but it has not been effected on the actual tunnel server after five minutes, then I'd say that indicates a problem on the HE side. It may be worth trying to update your client IPv4 address to something else, and then a minute later change it back to your current IPv4 address. If the tunnel server is still using an outdated IPv4 address, which has not existed on the tunnel setup page for several minutes, I suggest you email ipv6@he.net and ask for advice.

emontes

Thanks, kasperd.
I`ve been doing some tests and it looks the problem is in my side and not on HE`s side.
It`s interesting that the other two tunnels I have (Sixxs and Gogo) worked fine after the new IP.
Still can`t understand what is wrong though, still going through it :)

emontes

And I found the problem...
As I have this scripted, I was not aware that running the linux route2 was giving me an error:

ioctl: No buffer space available.

Checking with:

ip tunnel

I saw that he-ipv6 was already added with my old IP.
Removing the tunnel and adding it again did the trick.
I feel stupid now  ::)

Thanks for the help!