• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Problem using he.net tunnelbroker and 6to4 together on the same router

Started by evantkh, July 27, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evantkh

I would like to use 6to4 and he.net IPv6 together on openwrt.

The 6to4 is used for normal browsing. It passes through he.net router according to traceroute results.
The problem of using 6to4 is my IPv4 is dynamic so the 6to4 IP range will change with the IPv4.

If I obtain a static range of IPv6 on he.net, the IP registered location is the United States. Using static IP range is quite suitable for setting up servers. I can also update by client IPv4 IP address without changing the IP allocation. However, the problem is the IP locations are the United States but not Hong Kong that I want.

If I use goipv6.hk to get Hong Kong IP range instead of tunnelbroker.net, I need to register a new tunnel when I need to change the IPv4 client IP address. It would be more troublesome comparing to 6to4.

If I wait for the ISP to support native IPv6, I don't know if it would be static or not.

Here comes the problem, when I set the two IPv6 WAN together on openwrt, only either network can access the internet. The 6to4 addresses cannot use the tunnelbroker routers. The tunnelbroker IP ranges cannot use 6to4 routers to access the internet. How should I fix it on openwrt?

kcochran

The thing to look for here would be policy based routing, if OpenWRT provides a way to do it.  Then you should be able to say any 6to4 traffic gets sent out the 6to4 interface, and 6in4 via 6in4.  Otherwise what you're seeing is anti-spoof mechanisms tripping.  6to4 systems know they shouldn't be transiting traffic that isn't from the 2002::/16 range, and the tunnelservers know they shouldn't be transiting traffic that doesn't come from that tunnel's assigned IPs.  In those cases, they just drop the invalid traffic.

evantkh

I tried to configure rules in the multiwan configuration, but it still doesn't work. Is here anyone knows how to configure it properly?