• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IVP6 over IPv6 tunnel ? or forwading.

Started by lonewolf359, September 05, 2014, 11:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf359

Ipv6 tunnel is now provided via my isp however i still wish to use my delegated tunnel
or use a means of pointing to my tunnel. however since they are random pool , I'd prefer to use my defined tunnel as I can setup DHCP6 etc to pre-define them

Ipv6 over ipv6 or ipv4 as before but muti-homing.  or ?  anyhow having a definable /64 I can point to what ever my public ipv6 shifts to from the ISP.

Logic Intranet or test servers over http://freedns.afraid.org/ or dynmaic dns services...... @ home on DMZ....

Your IPv4 address on the public Internet appears to be 98.226.137.xx

Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be 2002:62e2:8910:e472:2d8e:4c92:3078:xxxx
Your IPv6 service appears to be: 6to4

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be COMCAST-33491 - Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.,US

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.

You appear to be using a public 6to4 gateway; your router may be providing this to you automatically. Such public gateways have no service level agreements; you may see performance problems using such. Better would be to get a native IPv6 address from your ISP. [more info]

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

broquea

So you are on Comcast, and not getting their native IPv6? Residential or Business?
I'd avoid 6to4 like the plague, just use your HE tunnel if not getting native.
In English, please explain what idea you are trying to formulate with "Ipv6 over ipv6 or ipv4 as before but muti-homing.  or ?"
You can't really "multi-home" without your OWN network resources, like IPv6 allocations and an ASN.