• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

CAA records

Started by maleks, December 22, 2015, 03:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasicXP

Agreed, this would be a nice feature to have. Honestly doesn't sound like a complicated thing to do. What would be great is to have customizable RR types, so there's no need to wait for each new type to be added.

dhoepfl

In case you missed it: CAA is available now. ("Additional").

fedux

According to the news page, it seems that CAA records have been implemented:

"CAA Record Support

We've added the CAA record type!
After many requests, we have completed the backend upgrades required to enable the CAA record type."

, however, when querying my slave zone I get SERVFAIL and the record is listed as TYPE257 instead of CAA.

Can anyone confirm that this is actually working?

kcochran

257 is the CAA record number.  If it's showing up as "TYPE257" instead of "CAA", and therefore with the raw record data instead of a nicely formatted reply, that's a function of your DNS query client not supporting the record type.

As to the rest, email dnsadmin@he.net with the hostname you're seeing issues with.

fedux

Quote from: kcochran on August 02, 2017, 02:47:33 PM
257 is the CAA record number.  If it's showing up as "TYPE257" instead of "CAA", and therefore with the raw record data instead of a nicely formatted reply, that's a function of your DNS query client not supporting the record type.

Yes, I know, but I'm talking about HE's web interface, my client is fine and also when querying my own master is fine.

Quote from: kcochran on August 02, 2017, 02:47:33 PM
As to the rest, email dnsadmin@he.net with the hostname you're seeing issues with.

Thanks, will do.