• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Testing protocol 41

Started by leifnel, February 22, 2017, 08:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leifnel

Does there exist any linux tools which can test if protocol 41 gets through the network (4G) and my router?

I have access to linux boxes outside my network which can be used as endpoints.
But as my home network has no public IP; it is on Carrier grade Nat, the connections have to be initiated from my network to my external hosts.

tjeske

I don't think proto 41 works like that. It's not like you open a connection, and this connection stays open and all data flows through it and the switches at your end will know where to send the data. No. Proto 41 needs end-to-end connectivity. How should the gateway know it is you that wants this package? You can monitor your interface with Wireshark to check for incoming proto 41 packages, but I think most 4G gateways will only work for TCP and - if you're lucky - UDP and ICMP.

cholzhauer

You would use something like wire shark to look at incoming packets, but as was mentioned, it won't normally work with CGN

divad27182

Quote from: leifnel on February 22, 2017, 08:29:11 AM
Does there exist any linux tools which can test if protocol 41 gets through the network (4G) and my router?

I have access to linux boxes outside my network which can be used as endpoints.
But as my home network has no public IP; it is on Carrier grade Nat, the connections have to be initiated from my network to my external hosts.

nmap can do it, to some extent. 

You can try something like: nmap -sO -p 1,6,17,41 hostname

The downside is that it can't always distinguish open from filtered.

--David