• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

COMPLETE NEWBB - Setting up ipv6

Started by ShinobiCrew, August 10, 2017, 10:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShinobiCrew

So

I have spent 2 days reading about IPV6, as before doing so I knew exactly zero about this subject.  I have researched compatibility with my modem, provided by the isp, and direct connect to my computer to verify ipv6 connectivity.  there is... and then plugging the ethernet into my computer from the router...thats when i get nothing.  Through some forums, I saw that some were saying rollback the firmware.  I did that and not only did it not work, I cant update the router to the newest hardware.  I have used the cmd to get the required information such as:
IPV6 address
border relay
gateway
prefix and length
The Router is a EA4500 Linksys Dual band N-router.
...what else what else....
Right, so i found out about tunneling via testipv6, and established the config...still nothing..

If you need a Screenshot of anything specific please let me know, and please someone help. Ive been spending hours and hours trying to learn and configure all of this...im literally going crazy

EDIT 1: Now I notice I can't use certain websites that I could before like speedtest.net and etc

cholzhauer

So you've actually created a tunnel?  Where is it hosted?  Post the commands you used to create it as well as ipconfig/ifconfig from your computer