• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Multiple tunnels

Started by accad, February 27, 2008, 12:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accad

Hello,

I would like to setup another tunnel to another machine.

I was wondering what are the policies regarding this, do I just create a new account with the same email address, is that even allowed?

Thank you
-nick

broquea

Right now, users create a second account (with a different email address) for an additional tunnel.

We're working on changing the system to allow multiple tunnels under a single account, but are not done yet and don't have an ETA right now.

accad

Why bother :) it's not like there aren't enough IPs to go around.
Get a second /64 and create the VPN between them
I'm curious though, isn't this a bit of an overkill?

[ipv6-1/64]==[ip4-host1]==tunnel==[broker]==tunnel==[ip4-host2]==[ipv6-2/64]

If you add an IPSec layer on top of that, I cannot imagine what kind of performance hit that will be.
I think a better option is to create a direct VPN tunnel between the two IPv4 hosts and add special routing entries for the IPv6 networks to see each other through the VPN link.

That's how I would do it anyway, unless I am directly connected to IPv6, not through a broker.

-nick

samh

Quote from: rlhdomain on February 27, 2008, 05:12:22 PM
how about multible tunnles to the same /64

I'm thinking of setting up IPv6 at a friend's house and then a 6/4 vpn between our houses

A /64 is routed to the end of a specific tunnel, there is no way to have multiple tunnels with the same /64 on them if thats what you are asking for.

I am adding over the next few days features that should allow multiple tunnels per account, but each tunnel will always be a discrete ipv4-ipv4 tunnel with a /64 (And/Or a /48 now) routed over it.