• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Trouble setting up my IPv4 endpoint ???

Started by EVRYEDGE, April 19, 2009, 11:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVRYEDGE

I have no clue how to find this or what to put.  Is it my IP address?  When I enter my IP it gives me an error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.   :-\

EVRYEDGE

OK, I'm guessing that I have to enter the IP of my website.  When I did this the tunnel was created successfully...but I'm still unsure if I am doing this right or not... :-[

piojan

Quote from: EVRYEDGE on April 19, 2009, 11:53:02 AM
OK, I'm guessing that I have to enter the IP of my website.
I would rethink that.

As you do not have native ipv6 connectivity you have decided to transport ipv6 datagrams over a tunnel.
This tunnel is from HE to the side that you want to have ipv6.

That would mean that you are trying to provide (and setup) ipv6 for your website's server?
(not your computer with vista - might be the same or the server might provide ipv6 to the vista later on)

EVRYEDGE

So when I use my vista IP, I get Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.

I am running eset nod32 antivirus, could this be the problem?  How can I unblock ICMP??  I went into my firewall and changed the exemption on ICMP to yes, but still no success

piojan

Nod AV in not a firewall by itself.
As far as I remember Nod ESS containes one.

I would first look at windows firewall that blockes icmp by default.

Also are you directly connecting that vista to the internet?
Any home routers?
Running any NAT on them?

EVRYEDGE

Quote from: piojan on April 19, 2009, 12:26:27 PM
Nod AV in not a firewall by itself.
As far as I remember Nod ESS containes one.

I would first look at windows firewall that blockes icmp by default.

Also are you directly connecting that vista to the internet?
Any home routers?
Running any NAT on them?

True, it's not the AV software.  I am connecting through a netgear router, that's gotta be the problem, right?  Your help is greatly appreciated!

piojan

Sugestion from some netgear that I just loged into:

Advanced:
WAN Setup:
Respond to Ping on Internet Port
and set your vistas internal ip in:
Default DMZ Server

you internal ip might be found:
cmd
ifconfig /all
similar to 192.168.1.101

Also you might want to configure the netgear to alwayes assign the same ip to that pc:
LAN IP Setup:
Use Router as DHCP Server:
Address Reservation:
Add

EVRYEDGE

>:(...where do I find my IPv4 endpoint ???  Is it the same as my IPv4 address ???

ngjvjRbYM

ipv4 endpoint = your IPv4 address = 98.230.8.137

When the tunnel is up, you can block incoming ICMP again.

EVRYEDGE

Quote from: ngjvjRbYM on April 19, 2009, 04:31:19 PM
ipv4 endpoint = your IPv4 address = 98.230.8.137

When the tunnel is up, you can block incoming ICMP again.

Thanks, but not I get  Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.

I fail.  Thanks guys for your help, but I cannot win this battle.  Screw it. 8)

broquea

What model firewall/nat appliance?

Looking at 1 Netgear, there is a WAN configuration page that says "Respond to Ping on Internet Port"

That kind of option is what you want to enable.

surut

Hi,
I am using a IPv4 Dynamic IP Address provided from my Service Provider BSNL ( Location - India).
If i use the my current IP address which i have will i lose my connection to tunnel broker.

But there is one situation here the initial IP address 117.198.***.*** stays the same is there any way i can use tunnel broker with this situation

hisken

Quote from: surut on January 22, 2011, 09:04:50 AM
Hi,
I am using a IPv4 Dynamic IP Address provided from my Service Provider BSNL ( Location - India).
If i use the my current IP address which i have will i lose my connection to tunnel broker.

But there is one situation here the initial IP address 117.198.***.*** stays the same is there any way i can use tunnel broker with this situation

Of course you can. Just enter that IP on the HE create tunnel page (it should be pingable). But I'm wondering what that kind of "situation" actually is (so you'll have a static IP).

And by the way: even when a dynamic IP4 is all you have, you can still use the Tunnel Broker service. You could use the endpoint updater script (provided by HE), so you won't lose connectivity when your IP changes.

josh19m

Quote from: piojan on April 19, 2009, 12:44:51 PM
Sugestion from some netgear that I just loged into:

Advanced:
WAN Setup:
Respond to Ping on Internet Port
and set your vistas internal ip in:
Default DMZ Server

you internal ip might be found:
cmd
ifconfig /all
similar to 192.168.1.101

Also you might want to configure the netgear to alwayes assign the same ip to that pc:
LAN IP Setup:
Use Router as DHCP Server:
Address Reservation:
Add