• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

More whatever to get from Admin level to Professional

Started by Hannemaf, April 22, 2009, 09:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannemaf

Hi,

I just reached the Admin level and was surprised how easy it was to reach the Professional level.
I would say there should be some more tests such as additional services on the server or even on the client.

cu Hannemaf

kriteknetworks

broquea

You'd be surprised how many don't get reverse dns.

Quote from: Hannemaf on April 22, 2009, 09:42:10 AM
Hi,

I just reached the Admin level and was surprised how easy it was to reach the Professional level.
I would say there should be some more tests such as additional services on the server or even on the client.

cu Hannemaf

Hannemaf

Hm maybe, I was surprised that it was working right at the first try.

Anyway if you check the number of admin certificates is the lowest of all certificates. And in normal programs the certificate with the highest rank is the one with the lowest number of certificate holders.

Quote from: kriteknetworks on April 22, 2009, 01:14:44 PMSuggest some.
I did it already, so did some other people as well. Just check Auxilliary services for ideas.

broquea

Ideally if you got your mail server listening on IPv6 at all, then rDNS shouldn't be that far off. I'd in fact expect Admin to be closer to 0 since an MTA should have corresponding forward/reverse entries. This doesn't even require or touch on the next level outside of email, DNS servers being on IPv6. you can serve AAAA/PTR perfectly fine from IPv4.

These were originally 4 cert levels that got exploded out into 7 so people who could make it only so far and not quite the next step, could at least attain a level of completion rather than a half-step and get stuck (makes for a more positive experience).

Quote from: Hannemaf on April 22, 2009, 01:38:58 PM
Hm maybe, I was surprised that it was working right at the first try.
Anyway if you check the number of admin certificates is the lowest of all certificates. And in normal programs the certificate with the highest rank is the one with the lowest number of certificate holders.

Hannemaf

yeah but calling it admin or professional is a bit strange. i thing something like these explorer and enthusiast and similar would have been a better choice. that would make admin and professional free for more serious tests.

anyway... it's still about fun in this "certification program", maybe I'm just taking it far too serious. :-) But it is a good reason to play with IPv6.