• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

NAT support without using protocol 41

Started by lkenter, April 22, 2009, 11:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lkenter

Hello,

I've a Zyxel 2602 Router that doesn't support protocol 41. Is there any other way to get a (dynamic) tunnel through NAT?

Regards,
Luke

Hannemaf

hmm it looks like my router also doesn't support it, but i can use the gw6c application to get through my router in both directions.
If you only want to use a IPv6 client, you could also look for the aiccu client which is supported by Sixxs.net.

broquea

If you really want to use our server, you can either put the host in DMZ and secure it as best as you can, or get a new appliance that supports passing proto-41 (which should be almost anything made in the last 2 years).

lkenter

I've installed the gw6 client and can connect with ipv6. This is to the anonomous broker. However, I would like to connect to HE
I tried entering the ip adres that is mentioned as my tunnel endpoint at HE as the gateway6 address, but that wasn't the solution...

Is it possible to use the gw6 client to connect to HE?

broquea

Quote from: lkenter on April 23, 2009, 01:48:23 AM
I've installed the gw6 client and can connect with ipv6. This is to the anonomous broker. However, I would like to connect to HE
I tried entering the ip adres that is mentioned as my tunnel endpoint at HE as the gateway6 address, but that wasn't the solution...

Is it possible to use the gw6 client to connect to HE?

Nope.

snydergc

If we cannot use the GW6 client to connect to HE, what configuration should be used to in a NAT situation for a Ubuntu/Debian OS client?

cholzhauer

All you need to do is allow ping from your HE tunnel server and allow Protocol 41 inbound.